Is there something wrong with me?

LonelyMonk

LonelyMonk
Posted

Recently I've been thinking that when it comes to relationships I have shit luck when it comes to finding guys to have a relationship with. For the most part a good majority of the guys I found fell into one of 3 categories.

1. They would be into the daddy/son relationship of which I have no interest in.

2. They would only care about what was between my legs.

3. They would look to me to do everything in the relationship and basically support them even from a financial standpoint.

Now after dealing with guys like that for years I was ready to give up on finding love until recently. I came across this dude and we hit it off perfectly. For the first time ever I thought that I had found the person for me and that I could spend the rest of my life with. I mean we shared the same interests, he said that he wanted to be with me and that he had feelings for me and then it all fell apart so quickly. The guy I thought I could have a relationship with decides to tell me that he's been dating a guy for 5 months already and that he wants to be with him more. It felt like my world got turned upside down and I was in tears. Despite the fact that I told him how I felt several times he hid the fact of his boyfriend from me until he finally decided to come clean. The bad thing was that I truly felt something for the guy and even went so far as to ask him to leave his boyfriend for me. That's how badly I wanted to be with him. Now after settling in with the truth of what happened I'm left wondering is there someone out there for me or am I just cursed and doomed to never find that special someone. I've had guys tell me before that I'm a great guy and ask me why haven't been taken yet and I'm left wondering the same thing too. Now I'm wondering how do I get over this latest disaster. I just feel so defeated and hopeless and I'm left wondering what's the use of even trying to search for love. I could really use some advice right now.

Posted

Hey, sorry to hear about what happened. My perspective is that it's not a curse (altho it may seem so), it's just how it is. Sometimes after a heart break, it's about refocussing on what's important to you.  Does another guy 'make' your happiness or do you make happiness for yourself? - is a question I've asked myself before.  *** makes us stronger and when you look hard enough, it comes, eventually. Good luck!

Lookinginmemphis
Posted

Ive looked for love for years then one day i quit looking and started focusing on other issue and BAMM it found me so maybe stop looking and who knows it might just find you too good luck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...