Need to move away with him.

Liem254

Posted

Hey all! So, I love this guy and he is moving to Geneva next month. He is very ambitious and so asking him to stay back is totally meaningless. But I really love him and I would want to move out with him too. But I'm a Canadian citizen and he is not. His plans are to stay in Geneva for about 5 years. If I move along with him, then probably I'll have to stay there for whole 5 years too. Do you think there are chances, I'll lose my Canadian citizenship, that way? I've been researching a bit on this I don't think once I'm shifted, I'll be in a position to be present in Canada for 730 days in 5 years. However, I'm just confused as what to do. Neither I want to lose my citizenship, nor would I want to lose him. Hence, please advice me. Thanks in advance. 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Hey. Tricky situation, especially with Visas etc. If I were you, I'd get the hard facts first, perhaps from an immigration expert about your legal rights before moving to another country. It's a huge decision and also really exciting.. but get all the facts first and eliminate that confusion!