Paul_Gathright

DIDN'T KNOW - Gay Guys! <3

Paul_Gathright
Posted

I moved from my home town to across the water about a year ago and friends are still on my head for doing it. My fb page get hit all the time wanting me to come back home or when I'm headed back across the water. And when I do sneak in town to visit one set of people I know another group fines out and let me have it for the blood. It's nice to know folks took the time to meet me and show their love for this old bitch and I didn't have to jump through any hoops to make a friend. It's fuck up when you try to reach out and a group of people over look you and you feel so unwanted. It's not like it's a great need but it would be nice if just one person would have welcome me or just said hi. The one that did friend me did; it, I believe, cause that person on the welcome committee and the other had something else on
the mind and not one said shit else. I really don't know why I stick around. Maybe hoping something might happen. I hate clicks and that's the way it feelings. I'm glad I meet people who took that step and feel some kind of small lost cause I'm not around and knows the value of me.

twk
Posted

Welcome Paul!
It can be difficult at times to go to a new place and meet people, I'm sorry you are having so much trouble here (and over here) and wish I could do more to cheer you up. Part of the problem might be the expectations there are 500 million people on Facebook and probably a few less than that on Gays.com - See http://visual.ly/how-many-people-use-facebook-2013-update-3-october-2013
But FB is very general and chaotic where here is more intimate and topic oriented. I'd like to think this is quality over quantity. On FB there are so many people and demands that you can get lost in the shuffle.

Here people are more focused and connected to a common cause. What enticed you to move here from your home town? Have you done much traveling or sightseeing since you've been here? It looks like there are over 20 people in your city here on this web site, and there are bunches more in the surrounding areas. Have you been to the St. Louis Arch? You might give Meetup.com a try, ther are hundreds of groups near you that have all sorts of activities you can get involved with. You will meet new people and can have a great time if you let yourself.

Back to expectations. You need to let people know you want to interact. This site and the Meetup groups are a good way to do that - I don't FB but that might be another resource. If you belong to a church or other group like that perhaps they have social activities you can get involved with. Here in Las Vegas, there is a "Single adult" church dance every month I try to attend. Yesterday I volunteered to be a ticket taker (found out about it through Meetup.com) at the 80th Helldorado Days rodeo and met someone. Wednesdays I usually am at the "Gay Men's Forum" (a social group that meets at The Center here in LV) every other Thursday I hang out with other Robot builders at Pololu. Craigslist.org is another place to meet people. Give the US a chance, perhaps you just haven't known where to look but there are lots of friendly people here with a diverse talent set and wide ranging interests, tap into it and you will find your days so full you will want to take a day off just to chill once in a while. Hope you find what you are looking for, you've made the first step, now just keep on trucking!

Paul_Gathright
Posted

Thx Timothy but you miss the point. My friends that are in my life are the ones on fb that hitting me up and texting and call asking me to come home. Here three people say boo to me. And two just sent friend request. Please reread what I said. One guy on here said he was leaving for the same reason I agreed with him and said I too was thinking of leaving everybody begged him not leave. Give the site a chance. Hold out just a little longer. Not one person even bother to ask me to say. Not even that person that sent the so call request that I stupidly accepted