Paul_Gathright

What to do? - Gay Guys! <3

Paul_Gathright
Posted

This was ask of me and I thought I'll try to get you people talking. What would you do if you were talking to a guy and you feel it's not going the way you want so instead of playing games you tell the person and they keep texting and calling when you are responding they won't stop. You can't really change your number cause too many people have the number. But what to do? How long will it take someone to get the message

Marvin_Montgomery
Posted

I believe many people are too ready and willing to give out their number for texting especially and also for phoning. It would be my advice to only give out your number to people you have gotten to know well and are pretty comfortable with. That's not fail proof but can eliminate many problems down the road. I'm not too familiar with texting so I'll leave it up to others in the group to advise you on what you can do there. Can someone help Paul out of his dilemma?

Dave_Mack
Posted

Simply I would IGNORE them. Don't reply to texts and if they call let them go to voice mail. If you feel like you are being stalked then call the authorities. Even if they are far away you could call their local Police dept. and just say you are being bothered by this individual with texts and calls and you feel uncomfortable. They would then go to that person and probably scare the crap out of them. Keep and refer any threatening messages or texts. In most cases if you ignore them they will just go away..

Paul_Gathright
Posted

Like I said it didn't happen to me just want to know what to do. I told my friend to do just that

Dave_Mack
Posted

Ok. Just tell him to take it slow. Maybe he just needs to make it clear to that person that he is not interested and ask he just back off.....or else... Should suffice.

Paul_Gathright
Posted

I told me he put his cards on the table. Marvin get with it. You have to give your number out to meet people that or an email. Something. How else would you have them meet smoke signals. Didn't you give yours out back in the day? How did you set up dates

Marvin_Montgomery
Posted

Some chance meetings and through e-mail. Texting has become the new e-mail I guess. If I kept getting e-mails from guys I wasn't interested in after telling them so, I just deleted them with no response. Then they would quit. It seems hard for this generation to ignore or delete texts. Seems people think they are obligated to respond to a text. What do you think Paul?

Paul_Gathright
Posted

You answer your phone most of the time when it rings. I do the same with texts. I see the number if I feel it I take it if not it just sits there

Paul_Gathright
Posted

I treat it like a phone call. If I feel it I take it. If not it sits or gets deleted

Marvin_Montgomery
Posted

That's a good way to treat them. Some guys just have to reply instead of deleting them like they're breaking he law or something if they don't reply to a text. Have a nice day Paul.