Cherie_Canova

Question For Everyone - The Rainbow Lounge

Cherie_Canova
Posted

Want to know where to meet people for friends/dates/etc??? I'm not into the bar scene and have found that online dating sites/online dating is not all it's cracked up to be! Everyone looking for the same thing, no one looking for anything! Have been in Texas almost 8 years and have yet to make many friends or find a g/f here. There has to be something i'm doing wrong! I've always had tons of friends (a handful live out of state now) and more then my share of dates/g/fs so this is quite out of the norm for me. Any suggestions/help/opinions would be appreciated! Thank you!

Wanda_Nieves
Posted

Hi Cherie. Nice to meet you online. Sorry to hear that u r having difficulty meeting people that you can connect. Have you tried doing a search online of gay clubs, gay groups, gay restaurant etc in your area. This is why I love NYC cause we have our own community where we have lots of places to make friends. But the gay community is growing and I'm sure you have more connections out in your area than u think. Let me know if this helps.

Cherie_Canova
Posted

Hi Wanda, nice to meet you too. Thank you for the advice. I don't do the clubs, there aren't any gay restaurants that I know of and wouldn't go alone anyway lol and I joined a group here but have never been able to attend any of the functions because 99% of them are during the week which my job prevents me from attending plus not very people ever show up for the functions. I'm sure we have a fairly large gay community just all must be hiding! lol