Love some hurts wen u can let go of ur past love and move on wit the new one - Love and Romance

Melanie_Sampson

Melanie_Sampson
Posted

Love is something that seems good but makes u hurt but keeps up in the nit thinking abt that persons

Posted

it's often because we misunderstand what real love is... if you really love someone, you'd be happy if she was happy.. even if she wasnt with you... what we often mistake for love is possession and attachment... where we are looking more for self fulfilment in a relationship than to grow with your partner.

Letting go is definitely key to moving on - when we can't let go, we suffer and we make others suffer around us - including our new loved one...

Posted

Very true Sharon, love is about giving, not just wanting and sometimes we have to let go in order to give. It's hard I know because at the moment I am in love with a woman that is not with me and is in a relationship. It does not mean that I stop loving her, it just means that I respect her decision though I know in my heart that she does not love the person she's with I respect her decision. If I will get over her only time can tell, but I don't love her less because she is not with me. If I did that would just mean that it was not love after all.

Posted

unrequited love hurts though.. the first woman i fell in love with didn't have the same feelings for me... i respected that but it was ***ful as hell hope you're okay

Posted

Thanks Sharon I'm ok, I'm strong I was with a man for 19 years that made my life hell and survived, so I'm no stranger to ***, I didn't break down in fact it just made me stronger. I love this woman but would never let her or anyone else hurt me, because I've learnt to love myself above anyone else.
i lived a life hearing from someone that I was no good, till the day I got up and walked away and became a stronger person. I have learnt the hard way but today if I love someone, I love myself first.

Posted

Letting go is the hardest thing in the world for me

Posted

It is for me too once I feel that we have connected on some level it's hard to walk away like nothing happened........ As If being left is not hard enough now your left with her things her clothes, her memory's everything. Which makes it 100x harder to let go for me.

Posted

yes Melanie love does hurt and like Sharon said fullfillment in a relationship is the key. It takes time to let go but it is out of our own selfishness that we linger on. You have love for yourself so you know how to love and that is vey important. To find someone who wants to be part of your life and grow is hard to find and I like many people here are still looking for that special person we can share our lives with. We can still let go and sometimes stay friends and sometimes not but it is better to love then never have loved at all.

Posted

Love Hurts,
I'm about to embark on an incredible journey, a journey I would not be able to take had my ex of 26 yrs hurt me the way she did. Sure it hurt like hell I would not have been able to move unless I let go of my past..

Posted

sounds wonderful Jodie!

one of my favourite quotes is (sorry i can't remember who said it):

Don't dwell in the past, for it is gone,
and don't live in the future, for it is not yet here,
but live in the present
and make it so beautiful that
it will always be worth remembering.