hotshot70

Kate O'Mara - Gay fans of Doctor Who

Posted

Sadly, Kate O'Mara passed away recently. She was 74. Famous as the Rani in two televised Doctor Who Shows (and Dimensions In Time special), Caress in Dynasty, and in Ab Fab, and Bad Girls. She will be missed

Daz_Anderson
Posted

shame never brought her back to dr,who 2005 series

John_Thain
Posted

I was reading that she was hoping the Rani would be brought back for the revived series at some point, i.e. see how the Doctor would cope dealing with an elderly villain so to speak.

Posted

There was a rumor a few years back that the Rani was possibly gonna be played by Gillian Anderson (X-Files). I think she could do it.

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

Loved her in Ab Fab as Jacks! Never saw her in other roles, best she was good!

Posted

Gonna spend tonight watching "Mark of the Rani", "Time & the Rani", and the Ab Fab with her in it. If I could find Bad Girls episodes with him in it, I'd watch them too.

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

I love the two times I seen her in Ab Fab, she was always trying to kill Patsy with an overdose. Not a nice sister but great comedy, especially when they discussed their mother!

Posted

I watched Time & the Rani on DVD. In the interviews, Kate talked about a scare she had. The scene where the Tetraps had her suspended from TARDIS ceiling. Originally, she was to be upside down, but while filming, her noise started bleeding and she passed out! So they quickly retooled the scene. I forgot the reason for the blood, but could this have been a sign of the health issues.