William_Eversole

frusterated.. - Gay Guys! <3

William_Eversole
Posted

is everybody having the same problem that i am?having problem meeting gay guys in my area..i don't go out to night clubs,bars and anything like that..could use a little help.thanks..

Heebie999
Posted

William, you are not alone.

Posted

I did have your problem for a while, however, I've been using an app that has actually found me a lot of great guys in my area (one of which I am currently dating) this app is called Grindr - I use it on my iPhone - yes, it does have a few odd people and dirty old men but the app shows you guys in your area who are literally within your distance, ether by walking, driving, train, bus etc
I have met a guys from Swansea, Neath, Bridgend, Cardiff, Newport, Aberdare and even current location Port Talbot, I have never met anyone who lives in England or somewhere far using Grindr, if you have an Android or Smartphone I suggest you give it a go because it really does help, it helped me find a lot of friends, good luck!

Posted

Hi William--many people don't go to the bars, night clubs, baths (yes we still have a couple here!)--they now use the Internet---I have met a few guys through Craig's list--a couple through Silverdaddies.com and one through gays.com.--there are also gay facebook sites BUT with all, like anything else, be careful, sound the people out, etc.
I don't have a cell phone so I don't have aps but my friend Allen has very good luck with Grindr which Richard mentions and there is another ap but I just don't remember it.
Jack who I met through craigslist is a steady--comes over every Friday eve--nice guy--so it can hjappen :O)

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

No, William, we have all had the same problem. Meeting guys locally is never easy. On-line is fraught with difficulties, great distances, or pitfalls, scammers who romance you and then hit you up for money, or try to steal your personal info to use for their own profit.

Posted

Like everyone else has suggested, using the internet or apps like Grindr are a good start. There are loads of sites to help you get started

Lynn_Gale_Martella
Posted

I find people just anywhere. Walking around in stores and yes internet sites

Posted

William, sorry but I disagree with Tristram--NEVR had a problem with anyone on the Internet--I do agree with Lynn---I met my first lover going around a cormer in NYC--met my second at work, my third at a bar and my last though an ad-- you just never know!