CAN U TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LUST & LOVE??? - Love and Romance

Posted

I, can tell the difference... I met a woman on Gays & I think at first, it is "lust". But, when u start to get to know someone (assuming they're telling u the truth abt themselves) & u like what they look like, what they tell u, what you've heard abt them, what u know "of" them, & slowly u begin to fall for that person... Ok, what the hell am I talking abt again, lost my train of thought, sorry. Ok, what I am trying to say is... I have fallen deeply in love with this woman & I await our 1st meeting in person @ the end of Aug. I know in my heart of hearts that she & I will totally be very happy with what we both 1st see when I get off that plane when I see her and she see's me. Sorry, ladies when the time comes I will be in cognito for a few days, if u know what I mean... But, I will definitely be back on in between breaks, LOL! : ) Alright! somebody else please elaborate on this matter I'm very curious as to what any of u have to say!!! Lalalalalalalala......

Posted

Having been in the closet!!! for a long time its difficult to give a honest answer

Posted

When did u come out of the closet, Jane? & R u comfortable with yourself? It's ok if u don't want to answer that...

Posted

Tiffany - I would think that, at first, it may be difficult to tell whether one feels lust after another or whether it's love developing for another. I guess for me, lust is more of a physical attraction without having the emotions to follow. Pure lust has no room for relationship. Love has the physical component to it, but def has the emotional part as well; the attraction that comes from within and not so much from what the eye can see; the possibility for a real relationship. I don't know if that makes sense. I think lust hits first and then the rest may follow if love is truly going to be a part of it. Lust is very temporary; love is more lasting. I do hope that your first meeting with this special someone will prove to be one for an awesome relationship.

Janie, being in the closet doesn't necessarily mean one cannot feel lust after another or even love. It just means that you haven't come out with who you have those feelings for; but the feelings are still there. Just my 2 cents )

Posted

that's a toughie, I'd have to say I agree with Susan there. there's a fine line yes, but there are definitive differences as well.

Posted

i totally agree with what Susan said about lust being a temporary thing and love follows. Also very true with there being a fine line.

Posted

Ok! Ok! Interesting....

Posted

why must lust and love always have a fine line between them? because if thats the case when are you allowed to say it is love?

Posted

You are allowed to say it at anytime really, feeling it's properly love and knowing it's properly love and actually putting meaning behind that statement, well that's soemthing you'll have to figure out on your own...everyone's different.

Vanessa_Maddox
Posted

Lust is the feeling of wanting someone so badly it hurts. Love is needing someone so badly you'd hurt for it.

Posted

With the two encounters I receive.... all I'm going to say was.... mmmmmmm..... the thoughts of those memories still put me in lala land..... I think God gave females something special... thats why guys want them to.... Smile...

Charlene_Elizabeth
Posted

Lust is a feeling in your loins that gets you super wet when you think about her and you just ache to rub your body all over hers... and love is a feeling in your gut and heart that makes you smile, reflect, and glow (possibly with some lust attached and some achey loins, but not necessarily).

Posted

I have confused lust for love on multiple occasions and it has bitten me in the ass, but lust for me is just about sex and love is much much more and can be had without sex, I believe

Posted

love is not a definition it cant be totally described. it can take u to the highest of highs n the lowest of lows, but to feel it is the most incredible feeling there is no other emotion that cant b compare. and lust will fade n it happens quick. but to identify which is which u have to experience love first.
yes i knw but how do u knw...YOU DONT. and with most people they cant.

But heres the thing, ur original question was followed by ur situation so im assuming u want to knw if ur feeling lust or love. n u wont knw till u get to knw her more then jus once. love can be dormant hence the confusion with lust. my advice is to enjoy the meeting with this person n enjoy the lust.... deal with the emotions later.
just saying

Posted

I know exactly what you mean tiffany. in Dec I started talking to a girl on this site and by Feb. I was so deeply in love with her I flew 1000+ miles jst to meet her. I love the fact that with distance in a relationship you get to know the real person and you can see how committed they are. My week was paradise. Come April I packed up the car and drove down. At the end of this month we would have been together 6 months and the beautiful part is that I was blessed with the chance to fall in love first now its the lust.

I LOVE YOU JUANIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

jst take it a moment on a time you'll know if its love when you leave.....that was the hardest thing in the world when I came to visit

Posted

jst take it a moment on a time you'll know if its love when you leave.....that was the hardest thing in the world when I came to visit

Posted

What if lust is all one person feels and the other is in love what then

Posted

@ esperanza,,thats wen it gets complicated...but thats the CHANCE u take with love/ lust. its something that happens n all i can say for the person in love is.... its gonna hurt!

Posted

Vanessa, I couldn't have better explained that if I tried... Good one.... : )

Posted

i think Vanessa's wording best decribes the difference between Love and Lust. if you honestly think about what she said there is a truth to it.

"Lust is the feeling of wanting someone so badly it hurts. Love is needing someone so badly you'd hurt for it."

Posted

I think love is caring so much about a person, the other stuff doesnt matter u just enjoy each other's company and show love to them no matter what but they both can be kind of confusing...

Posted

Where its love or lust I guess it will have to do for the moment that it happens.....

Posted

Where its love or lust I guess it will have to do for the moment that it happens.....