Chud

I had an eventful Christmas Eve... - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

Well then...
I spent 4 hours of my Christmas Eve in Hospital.
I've been experiencing a flare up with my illness (Ulcerative Colitis) and I phoned my nurse and left a message for her, she called at around 10:00am Christmas Eve morning and asked me to come in - when I saw her and explained my signs and symptoms she looked at me and said I'm rather pale and she arranged an emergency Magic Eye.
Before that I had my pulse and blood pressure checked, they seemed fine, thank heavens.
I had 5 units of blood taken from me for testing, then the magic eye which is where the problem started, within 5 seconds she gasped and said 'This is worse than when you first had it, if it gets any worse you'll need to go into hospital'
Afterwards, I was put back on Steroids and Calcium tablets, I was told to carry on taking Azathioprine (Immuno-suppressants) and Pentasa (Anti-inflammatory) I also had a sample of my stools taken which goes into the category of possibly one of the most awkward moments of my life!
So taking 16 tablets a day does take it's toll, I'm getting tired really fast and I have to avoid any alcohol, my appetite will increase because of the steroids and I need to drink a lot of water to help push the medication through my body.
I had a really nice nurse assistant who really helped me and looked after me from the word go.
This is now the second time I'm taking steroids I remember what it was like last time, I had a short temper, I was really tired and I was forgetting everything, but this time I'm ready for it!
I have a follow up appointment on 22nd January and this morning Boxing Day (26th December) there was no blood! Which is showing that the steroids are kicking in!

Posted

Sorry to hear that Richard. I really do hope you feel better soon and remember every one here wishes you the same. If you ever need someone to talk to please feel free to contact me.

Dave_Mack
Posted

Sounds like a difficult Christmas health wise. Glad the hospital and medical people were available to help. So sorry this keep on happening. Wish they could find a way to cure it once and for all.

Hope otherwise you had a nice Christmas. I am glad it's over. I lost a friend just before (US) Thanksgiving in November and I had absolutely NO Christmas Spirit. Being alone also doesn't help. I am so glad its OVER for another year.

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

you better get well soon or i will have to come and take care of you my self babe. i worry about you too much.

David_Cloud
Posted

Richard, I'm so sorry to hear that the old complaint has reared up again. You are always so brave and as positive as one can hope for in the circumstances. It must be tough to have to fight this sort of condition as you go through Uni and everything.

Please know that I and others are willing things to get better for you and to not disrupt your precious life any more than needs to be. You are a friend to many of us and it is always a pleasure to see you appearing back on the site here and keeping us up to speed with events in your life, which, it must be said, always seem to entail some drama or excitement !!!

I hope the medication really does help and that you get the colitis back under control. And I hope you have a happy remainder of the Christmas holiday and an exciting and fulfilling New Year. My very best wishes to you. David

RompinRick
Posted

Sorry I know what you are going through get well soon.

Keith_Imeson
Posted

hope you get over your illness and have a better new year I say a little pray for you

Posted

Thanks guys, my illness is now under control and I'm feeling better but eating a lot more due to the steroids, thank heavens we got a lot of food in for Christmas, mind you I've developed a huge like for Rice Pudding XD
We got about 18 tins in the house XD

David_Cloud
Posted

So glad you bounce back OK. I'm laughing thinking about you eating all that rice pudding!!! Mind you, I agree it's nice but I might not manage the 18 tins!!!! Hope it keeps on getting better again before you start back up with your Uni studies!

Dave_Mack
Posted

Nice to hear you are feeling better... Happy New Year Chud