how long do you wait? - Love and Romance

An****

Posted

how soon is too soon to meet someone from a site (net)? input please!

Desirae_Bruner
Posted

erm well if theyre true to theirselves an dnt lie an tell you a bunch of shit tht isnt true an you can read them then me myself I dnt think there is such think as toooo soon (:

Posted

Oh! Gosh, I'm going through this stuff right now. I met a beautiful young woman whom I feel is perfect for me & we haven't met in pseron yet. She wants to meet up in the end of Aug., & I want to meet up on July 1st. Only becuase I can't wait to meet her, & her bday is on the 4th so, I was thinking we could celebrate her bday together. What do u think we should do? That's a great question!

Posted

my partner was the first woman i ever met online and in person. i always found women without the internet. but, to answer your question. i had only spoken on the phone with for 2 weeks...kinda 24/7 phone calls. we've been together since! domestic partners (Texas) for over 3 months. it'll be our 4 yr. anniversary in September
you'll just know. after talkin' to my gf for 2wks. i HAD to see her as soon as i got the chance lol. everything in me was tellin' me to go see her!!

Posted

Sarah, that's exactly what I've been trying to tell my girl. I can hardly wait to see her. She is driving me insane & you're right, we have been talking consistantly for almost 2 mos now. I love EVERYTHING she has told me about herself.

Desirae_Bruner
Posted

as long as you have fallen for her.. talk her into meeting but first prove tht ur not fake an all an be who ur gonna be in face to face contact.... like i said time doesnt matter things are happening like this all the time

Posted

It took me 1 month + to meet up with my gf. We chatted online, on phone and sms all the time even I was station at oversea on biz trip. To know that person over the net first, then on the phone, and when meet up, the feeling very awesome. I just love the first meeting and the so on and on and on ....... cause whenever the meeting up with the one that you care and love, the heart is beating so fast and so excited to spend all the time with her. The time like stop whenever we both see each other ..

Posted

I'm looking forward to our 1st meeting in person. I just hope she's serious abt like she says she is... I'm so into her...

Posted

Well i fell in love with casey and we only spoke for like 2 days before i asked her out then we really wanted to meet each other.. but cuz of the distance and our age... it was hard... but on the 25th of feb i flew up to meet her.. we started goin out on the 15th of jan and met on the 25th of feb... but i wisher i met her sooner

Posted

ther is no time limit to what you want if your gut and heart are singing the same tune then go for it..there is only ever 2.answears YES/NO..love has so sence of time it just smacks ya rite in the heart with no questions nor answears xx

Posted

Honestly. Im the same way. If I like someone from talking to them and I get excited, I would like to meet them soon. I dont like to waste a ton of time getting to know someone who will just bail on the whole thing in a month or two. Ive had that happen where I talked to a woman for 2 months and was asking her to come see me the whole time and even offered to fly her here and she put me off and put me off until I just said forget the whole thing. I think she was playing games with me because like I said, I even offered to pay for the flight. Wont do that again though thats for sure because I had a bad experience with that too where someone decided they wouldn't come after I paid for the ticket. So, internet dating is interesting but a good way to meet a lot of people. I have met several but mostly in my own city here and it never amounted to much. I have yet to meet my "soulmate," or even someone I would want to get into a relationship with, online. I am open to it and talk to a lot of different people in hopes that I do but just hasn't happened yet for me All the ones I'm interested in dont seem to be interested or they dick me around and I say forget it. So its the ones who dont want you that you want the most lol. Why does it have to work that way?? Although it sure is nice when the ones you want, want you back

Posted

all the feed back is well appreciated. this is the 1st time that i've ever done anything like this (chatting on net) we've been chatting a couple of months n' have exchanged numbers, although because of my nervousness it's just been txts. we seem to get on really well n' she's awoken feelings that i haven't had for 2 n' 1/2 yrs! and as much as i want to meet her my anxiety holds me back which makes me very frustrated to say the least

Posted

I always worry that I will meet them and they wont like me in person. Thats my biggest anxiety with it....so I understand totally

Posted

Tina, i just love your sharing. You are right, there are lotsa of ppl that refused to meet up even thou the offer to pay for their "transportation". You are also right that, they are not genuine in relationship. I would not waste time to entertain such person. I prefer to spend time and my attn on those girls that is sincere in friendship and make the relationship works.

Referring to this paragraph:-
I have yet to meet my "soulmate," or even someone I would want to get into a relationship with, online. I am open to it and talk to a lot of different people in hopes that I do but just hasn't happened yet for me All the ones I'm interested in dont seem to be interested or they dick me around and I say forget it. So its the ones who dont want you that you want the most lol. Why does it have to work that way?? Although it sure is nice when the ones you want, want you back

Haha ... what you say, is very true !!! I've also yet to meet my soulmate. And for those girl that i truly like, does not respond to me as what I hope for. So, we both need to gambatte !!! ...

See face to face, and after the 1st meeting, they turn to be "cold" then get the answer that they are not interested, therefore meeting up is very important steps to start a relationship ....

Posted

It's happened to me too....I met women (" that what they say") online and they just wanted to stay online. Soon as you ask to meet them, they say yes, but stop to communicate with you. I realized they are not real or not women...Those people are just here to waist the time of those who reallly want a relationship....I guess they are people out there they have no life and they don't know what to do...I'm not looking on online anymore, just here because I like those discussion groups. I joined some local social groups (lesbians) and every weekend I meet new women...REAL ONE.

Posted

I have read all of your comments and my cousin and my daughter met their mates on line and they are still married and now adays it seems to be the best way to go as you can get to know that person quite well with what they talk to you about. I think it is smart to wait and get to know someone as we need to feel secure we are not being led down the wrong road with a smoke screen so to speak and I have tried to make arrangements to getting to a spot where a person I met could have a future but then I saw the delay and became frustrated and blew my top but then it chased her away and it was all for the best because it was not real.
In this day in age it is hard to make a quick change but if the other party wants it as much as you do then it can happen. That's why I say communication and honesty will truly show once you talk and take the time to get to know that person. If it is real it will show in a month and usually the most within 3 months. Sometimes you see it within 2 weeks but I always give some relationships a time frame if I am not sure because the real person will eventually come through. If you make a leap you want to make sure no one will suffer in the end including yourself because as you get older, and I am older, you don't have time to start over again.
I enjoy reading your comments Tina and agree with a lot of your thoughts.