Paul_Burkinshaw

Something random different or unusual - Gay Guys! <3

Paul_Burkinshaw
Posted

Thought I would start this one for a bit of fun.

Since it is getting close to the end of the year why not spend ten mins to think about the most random, different or unusual event that has happened to you this year.

I'll start off:

This year is the first time I have ever had my drink spiked. (And it was bloody awful)

Marcus_Sykes
Posted

Woke up one morning with a fractured shoulder !!
Now idea how or why ??

Posted

I managed to alarm friends and family by having two brain haemorrhages in April, and during the diagnostic/treatment process they found an aneurysm which resulted in open brain surgery in August.

I had already committed to cutting back my working hours to 10 hours per week and returning to full time study in July to complete my law degree. I persisted with that and have just finished exams. I managed to get three credits, but failed one subject, but only marginally, so I need to re-sit that one in the first week of December.

Hospital and outpatient staff have been great, although sometimes it's a bit overwhelming having so many people prodding poking and testing me.

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

My car was rattling something awful. I thought it was the exhaust system, took it in. They were puzzled and asked if I'd had transmission work done recently cuz that's where the sound seemed to be coming from, I had a new, used tranny put in back in June. So, I took it to them turned out that the problem was my harmonic balancer control. I have always worked on y cars, when they were slant 6s or 8s, but all the new shit in engines is a mystery to me.

So, I asked him what he said, and he repeated it. I asked him if he was sure cuz I drive a '92 Olds not the Starship Enterprise, what is a harmonic thingamagigga? He laughed, and explained it, and I kind a sort a think I understand it's purpose. But I felt very old, and a little confused. I still think that a harmonic balancer controlbeing broken is a reason that Mr. Scott tells Capt Kirk why they can't go into warp drive.

Brian_Howe
Posted

I had 2 Collect a Load with my Truck, I Pulled into the Wrong Bay and Hooked up my Trailer, I Had the Manifest in my pocked from the day before, the Load in my Trailer was 2 Go 2 Wexford in the South of Ireland, the Manifest I had was 4 Belfast in the North of Ireland. God did I fell like a Fool, and 2 add Insult 2 Injury I got a Blow Out on the Way Back.

Posted

Well I hope it was a good kind of "blow out"
sorry just had to say that! jer

Brian_Howe
Posted

LOL, Well Jer The Bed in the Cab Was Empty

Posted

I had a bad flu coming on about 4 weeks ago that I held off several days long enough to complete a big programming project at work. I then crumpled into bed for a few days of recovery. After coughing my lungs raw through the first night I had a bout of anaphylaxis (allergic reaction that stops you breathing) and barely got it under control as my partner of 8 years began to call the ambulance. He tucked me into bed later that morning telling me he'd be home from work in a few hours to monitor me. Instead, two hours later I was called by the registrar of a nearby ER telling me to get there immediately as they were about to perform emergency life-saving surgery on my partner!

After tucking me in, he'd headed off to work on his skateboard, came off it at very high speed and slammed into the concrete sidewalk, tearing his liver on his ribs. I managed to get to the hospital to see him before the surgery and visited him each day while managing to ignore my worsening flu. He was returned to me six days later somewhat crippled, and I recovered from flu almost two weeks later than that. We looked quite the pair in that week

Quite possibly the most bizarre experience I have ever had, not just this year!

Brian_Howe
Posted

Glad Both Of Ye Are Back 2 Normal, Tough Couple of Day's.