Paul_Burkinshaw

Thanks giving? - Gay Guys! <3

Paul_Burkinshaw
Posted

Hi there been from the UK I don't know much about this. If I remember rightly it can't be long till thanks giving in America. What do people do for it? Do most Americans celebrate it? And why do you celebrate it?

I could google it I know, but I want to hear what different people do to celebrate thanks giving.

Marcus_Sykes
Posted

Sorry Paul...... Not one for me :-(
As you know, I'm a Yorkshire bloke, I get a traditional Christmas & new year.
Always said thank you when I need to....

Paul_Burkinshaw
Posted

Lmao

Posted

It is a day to count your blessings, and truly be thankful for all of them. Take nothing for granted. And remember all the people all around the world who are less fortunate than you. Hopefully, all of the above will make all of us better people. Regardless of a person's present circumstances, all of us need to also remember that everything could always be worse.....much worse.

Posted

Sat., Nov 23rd,13 14:20 Hrs. M.S.T. Hi Group, We are LUCKY in Canada. We Get to Celebrate "Thanksgiving" the 2nd Monday in October, in a More Say Civilized Way. We Haven't Turned It Into a Big Commercial/Black Friday Racket Like They Have in the States. Next Thing Its the Big Christmas Racket a Few Days Later and the Big Push for Shopping and If You DON'T Go Shopping - Its What's Wrong With You. Living in Canada Being Close to the Amcn Border You Notice a Lot Based on TV, Radio, Advertising It Gives the Views the Amcns are the Only Ones Who Have Special Days. Just Glad I Don't Live There. My Views Only!. Tnx.,
Operator.

Paul_Burkinshaw
Posted

That shows how thick I am I didn't even know they celebrated thanks giving in Canada. I have learned something new

Posted

Make it two!

Posted

I don't really go all out. My dad and I have dinner with my sister. I am not much for turkey, but I eat the stuffing and other things. Ever since mom passed away, I really don't do holidays.

Dave_Mack
Posted

It is unfortunate that ALL the Holidays have become commercialized. Its just days before Thanksgiving and they are already talking about Christmas and trees etc. Many radio stations have flipped to playing all Christmas Music. BTW if anyone wants a SPECIFIC Christmas song and they cant find it let me know. I have THE biggest Christmas Music Library available including rare STEREO versions including the Phil Spector Christmas album. All on CD and hard drive. I am NOT and cannot SELL anything! I am offering to email a song or two to anyone who really wants a hard to find Christmas season song.

Hope for all my fellow US citizens you have a great Thanksgiving.

Posted

This time of year, people get ruder and dumber. I hate when I am in a store trying to get thru the aisle, and people are standing there talking, blocking the whole pathway. When you try to get by, they look at you like you were the most rude person of all. One time, I was in Walmart about to check out. A register was about to open and I was taking my cart there. A young girl about 3 was in the way, so I stopped, thinking she would see me and move. She didn't look up. So I politely said, "excuse me", she stared at me like all the IQ points in her head vanished. The mother was in the other lane next to the candy. She was wide and shouldn't have needed anymore. Finally, the grandmother took the kid and said "how rude" to me! Of course that was not gonna be the end of it. I just said "well, I am so glad you were watching her, since the momma cares more about Hershey bars. Thank goodness she wasn't in the parking lot!" and I walked right by. Prune face granny was all flustered and griped to th ewalmart cashier about me. (funny thing was, that was a friend of mine who saw it all). They basically told her "hush". Later on, I stopped by grocery store and this group appeared! So as they approahed, I moved WAY over to the side and gave a sarcastic bow as they passed, of course granny acted like a real ****, and I went on.

Paul_Burkinshaw
Posted

Nice. I am so much more rude in the supermarket I have taken to publicly humiliating people if the do something stupid like blocking an aisle or talking in the doorway. They soon move lol

Dave_Mack
Posted

My biggest gripe in all stores is clerks who don't speak English, You ask them where an item is and they don't understand. C'mon this is the USA and our common language is US English, I have no problem with people who speak other languages but if they work in a store or in customer service on the phone they need to speak fluent English,
As for the crowds I just allow a lot more time and go with the flow. I refer to the blocked isles of people with carts as "a bad day in driving school". We all need to have a bit of patience. Know well that you WILL get to the register to pay for your purchases and be on your way.... It will just take a few extra minutes. And DONT try to sneak into the "12 items or less" when you have a full cart. That's not right. And store clerks can and sometimes do send you to the regular line where you wait again! Play fair and be patient. All things work themselves out..

Paul_Burkinshaw
Posted

Thanks for everyone's comments on this topic i am starting to get a general idea what thanks giving is like.