Michael_Viapiano

Film supporting Gay tolerance! - The Rainbow Lounge

Michael_Viapiano
Posted

As a filmmaker who is passionate about equal rights. I feel like it is my duty to make a film that supports something I believe in so strongly. Please support my film by sharing this link and donating if you can. Thank you all so much!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/226784454/lets-make-a-change

Posted

I will be happy to do what I can.

Posted

With all due respect have you seen the play or the movie version of "Twilight of the Golds? This seems to be that story--yes mnay films have the same themes/story line but why invest in something that has already been done? Not criticizing but trying to justify why I should invest.
Martin

Michael_Viapiano
Posted

Never heard of that film. I will most definitely watch it. That does put a damper on my excitement and hope of creating completely original content. That being said, stories are recycled all of the time. The theme may be similar, but our execution will be different. Also, in a short format we can reach a huge audience through social media. An audience that probably hasnt been exposed to this film that is almost 20 years old. I still think our film can make an impact and help spread a great message.

Posted

Michael I really hope your film is everything you want it to be BUT you are talking about a film/play that you haven't seen--also the audience is constantly exposed to the story as it is big in local theatres being a 1 set small cast play.
Yes stories are recycled all the time (What's the old saying, "There are only 7 themes!"!) but how many recycled stories (execpt maybe Romeo & Jukiet) succeed?
I go to thousands of films and plays but very few are 'different'--a good example is the tech work done in the new "Gravity" film which is jaw dropping.
I invest in films/plays--not a lot of money just what I can afford--the one I am proudest of is "The Celluloid Closet" documentary and that is because it was a new theme, made from an interesting book.
I didn't mention "Golds" to put a damper on your excitemnt--that is something I would never want to be guilty of--just to make you aware--I still have my VHS version of the movie!!! :O)

Michael_Viapiano
Posted

I'm not really talking about a film I havent seen other to say that I havent seen it. Seeing as though I havent seen it, I can assure you that our execution will be different, which is the only claim I made. I appreciate you making me aware of this film. I think it is a great idea. Sometimes you have an idea and find out it has already been done. I guess it is just unfortunate in my case.

Posted

This is now playing here in South Florida "Twilight of the Golds"--you can look it up on the Internet and get a feel for what it is about.

September 20 - October 20 Stage Theatre
If your parents knew everything about you before you were born, would you be here? That is the question posed in this entertaining drama.

"This thought provoking play asks more questions than it answers..." Dale King PalmBeachArtsPaper

"Twilight emerges as a moving tragedy spiked with surprising amounts of comedy as well as compassion."
Bill Hirschman - FloridaTheatreOnStage