Kelsey_Seana_Neville-McNabb

Bisexuals - The Rainbow Lounge

Kelsey_Seana_Neville-McNabb
Posted

I get ridiculed a lot for being bisexual. I get it from my mom who wants to believe it isn't real, I get it from my friends who don't understand and want to make sure I don't flirt with them, I get it from random strangers... generally Christian, who tell me I'm an abomination... But what hurts the most is I even get ridiculed from homosexuals. I've been called a liar, greedy, slut, confused. I've been told that I have to CHOOSE one, and I've been told that "it's too bad I'm bisexual, cuz I'm really hot, but I'm a cheater" just because of my sexual orientation! I've NEVER cheated!

How about you? Have you ever been hurt by discrimination by people you thought would accept you?

Posted

I've described myself in the past as "mostly gay", because, although I haven't been with many women, the idea doesn't totally repel me. Fact is that sexuality is not black or white, or even "shades of grey", but an infinite variety of colours. In my experience, the gay community has more problems than most understanding that, and established "religion" has a long way to go towards accepting that part of God's creation.

As the people who fly the "Rainbow Flag", we, of all people, should be more understanding of those who exhibit a "different shade" of sexuality.

Personally, I wouldn't mind in the slightest if my boyfriend also had a girlfriend, so long as everyone in the "extended relationship" knew what was going on, and no-one was being hurt or lied to.

Posted

Most definently people need to stop being mean to gay people just because their gay their's no need were not hurting anyone they're a saying that everyone has a little gay in them which means everyone's bisexual it all just depends on that one person that could turn you bisexual. As well gay's should not have a problem with a person being bisexual just because they're doesn't mean they more prone to cheating or flirting or anything it all depends on the person and they're nothing confusing, wrong, slutty, and their's absolutely nothing the mater with knowing, dating, or being around someone who is bisexual it's perfectly normal and people should not be so irrational, quick to judge, go with the crowd, or do someone that had no purpose to be done in the first place. Hopefully that helps and it makes you feel better in some way

Posted

Unfortunately, I've found some of the people who are the most distrusting and abusive of bisexuals are gay men. On the few occasions I went out with girls, in my youth, I got far more derogatory comments from my gay "friends" than I ever had from my straight friends for being gay. It was almost like they felt I was being a "traitor to the cause". Just look at the way Tom Robinson lost all his gay fans when he married a woman, even though he has always said that he is a "gay man who happens to be in love with a woman". Who are we to judge where anyone else finds love? Surely we should just celebrate the fact that two people have found happiness, regardless of their gender or "perceived sexuality".

Desiree_Houston
Posted

I'm bisexual, and honestly I feel more uncomfortable admitting that there are guys I might go for aside from my majority of liking gals, than just saying I'm gay. I thought for some reason when I first experienced the gayverse I guess you could say, that it would be some welcoming family, that all people were accepted for whatever they liked, be it the same gender, the opposite gender or leather and chains. But as soon as you tell someone that you aren't wholly able to be defined under one label, it hits the fan. Suddenly you are left with no one to date or interested in you from either gender. (I don't count anyone who wants threesomes as anyone to date personally.) I mostly like girls, but there are a few men I would date too.
I am monogamous though, I place a high value on only having one partner at a time and in my eyes if I have someone I don't even look at anyone else.If someone has my heart, they have the whole thing, I have no room for another person as my partner.
I wish people would let go of having one label and just accept that people are different, get to know people before you judge. We are supposed to embody the rainbow and rainbows blend colors.
Maybe I'm a rare breed, or maybe its people that are jumping from one to the other all the time that are the rare breed giving others a bad name.

Posted

I think a lot of people find it difficult to understand how someone who is attracted to both male and female partners can be faithful to just one. I have lived with bisexual partners, and I often wondered if I could truly satisfy them, or if they might feel they were "missing something" by being monogamous with me.

It comes down, in the end, to the difference (and may I assure some cynics that there IS a difference) between love and sex. If you truly love your partner, then gender and sexuality don't come into it. Call me an old softie, but I still believe that "Love conquers all"!

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Aye, i am a BI- who has had three wives.....
I have now met this vary nice man,and
we are both, madly in love with each other......

After reading i must agree with one thing,
and that is ... Love does conquer all ........

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Aye, i am a BI- who has had three wives.....
I have now met this vary nice man,and
we are both, madly in love with each other......

After reading i must agree with one thing,
and that is ... Love does conquer all ........

Posted

In my life, in my early years, I had sex with two females - after I had sex with males. To me it just didn't feel right and I couldn't understand why men would want to have sex with females. Obviously it happens, but I found that although it resulted in an orgasm, sex with females was pretty uninteresting for me.

So for the 25 years or so since I've only had sex with men, and to be honest, as has been already discussed, I fall into the category of people who just can't understand bisexuality. I certainly wouldn't call myself one, even though I've been on both sides of the fence.