Brave-Heart

STEPHEN CROHN, THE MAN 'WHO CAN'T CATCH AIDS' DIES - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

There doing work on coming up with a vaccine to end the illness. Then more love affairs will come about, with out worries.

Posted

Not being pessimistic but it will be awhile before there is a vaccine--meanwhile young men today already think there is a cure!!!
Yes more love affairs and, probably, less marriages.

Posted

Next thing to hit the pharmacist's shelves, in the next few months, will be an HIV home testing kit. I'm not sure how it will work, but the article I read about it says that the test will show a result almost instantly. In a few years time, when the price of the kits has fallen to a point where "ordinary guys" can afford to buy them, it could revolutionise the "first date"!!!

Posted

I think it is already here in California BUT the people who wouldn't go in to be tested at Doctors, AIDS centers, Pride centersetc., certainly aren't going to take self tests--and the most important part--if positive getting counceling won't happen.

Posted

I think those people might actually use these kits. The big issue for most of them is "anonymity", and being afraid that the "news would get out" if they tested positive in a clinic. Being able to test yourself and your proposed partner in the privacy of your own home is the ultimate anonymity. I take your point about the counselling and follow-up, though.

Posted

And they are the same ones who won't tell their doctor they are gay and/or go for treatment because they will be ashamed of having AIDS which they shouldn't be-- sorry if I sound too harsh but I have had too many friends die from AIDS because they didn't get tested and/or didn't go for treatment because of the stigma still attached to 'having AIDS"