Karen_Elstone

poem regarding rudeness versus sensitivity...is there a balance? - Your WRITES

Karen_Elstone
Posted

Sticky summer air by Karen Elstone July 9, 2013 Sticky summer air… Some people just don’t care… Feeling alone… Feeling like an outsider… Feeling sensitive… Feeling too much… Intuition is heightened. Thoughts are swirling like a hurricane I can’t even concentrate Is there something wrong with me? Drugs won’t help me I must fight this naturally… All I want to do is my art… Escape into my fantasy world... Where everything is peaceful… I don’t want to come back… So much coldness So much rudeness So much detachment… In the world today… Emotions stagnant… They’ve got nothing to say, And everything to hide. Why do people act this way? Has the oppressive heat got in the way? Are they projecting their own dismay? I must search for kindness… Not think about the coldness, Even though it’s as thick… As this sticky summer air. Why can’t they lighten up? Take that cell phone and hang it up! Condos sprouting like weeds into the sky What about the little guy? Where do I go? Feel I might search forever… It must be out there There are people like me… Who care… For now, I’m sweating it out… In the sticky summer air…

Norma_Padro
Posted

That's a very nice post.

Karen_Elstone
Posted

Thanks, Norma!

Norma_Padro
Posted

You're welcome. :-)