Gareth_Raymour_Harding

locanto - Gay Guys! <3

Gareth_Raymour_Harding
Posted

anyone tried out that site, posted a few ads and already a ton of guys are after my body lol, strange as a lot of the guys from the apps are stuck up, good to know internet is another option to apps these days

Posted

I guess it depends where you are, Gareth. I checked out the local locanto listings for my area, and there are just two contact ads for the whole island. Both women, and both "professionals". :-(

Posted

Didn't even bother--when there is not a separate listing for Fort Lauderdale and just lump everything together in 'Miami' it doesn't work--besides I have been busy with Craig's list! LOL

Posted

Craig's list is no good here either. In fact, here in Tenerife, the only way to meet guys seems to be cruising the nudist beaches... Hardly the way to meet a guy for a LTR! :-(

Posted

Ian, you never know where you can/will meet that LTR!! Besides you get a look at the goods before you get them!!! LOL
Some people are just picky--I meet my first lover on a street in NYC--my second at work--my third in a bar and my 4th through a newspaper ad---(Hey, come on--Liz was married 8 times!!!!) all that before I retiored from relationships! :O)

Posted

I prefer a bit of "mystery", although ironically I'm an ardent naturist!

Posted

Please at our age what 'mystery' can there be???? In bed is another story LOL

Posted

You'd be surprised, Martin! Hehehe...

Seriously, sometimes it's nice to discover a guy's body a little at a time... "Do you have a hairy chest?... Let's get that shirt off and have a look"... ;-) I also think it's much more exciting to see a bulge in a pair of shorts or catch a brief glimpse; maybe have a little feel through his pants, before "all is revealed".

I hate to sound "old fashioned" but I miss the days of meeting guys fully clothed in bars, with all the expectations and imagination, then taking them home to find out if what's in your head matches what's inside the package. Face it, half the fun of receiving presents is opening them!

These days, with Grindr, all the internet dating sites, Skype and so on, more often than not you've seen and read about more of the guy's body than his GP before you even meet him, which, to me, takes away part of the fun. Also, when the guy has seen all there is to see of you before you meet, the only thing left to discover is how well you "perform", which places you both under a lot more psychological pressure.

Posted

Those were your old days--mine was seeing guys nude or a towel wrapped around them in baths and/or back rooms!!! LOL

Nothing wrong with a little mystery but since I don't have a type--tall, short, thin, fat, hairy, smooth, etc., just male and breathing (I added the last as I got older!) I want to get into the 'psychological pressure' as soon as I can because I know how well I perform--I want to see how well THEY do! lol

Posted

I live near the coast, and I have a choice between a nudist beach and a surfers' beach. I guess you'd be off like a rocket to the former. Personally, I prefer to go to the latter, where the lads are somewhat younger and fitter, and use my imagination! ;-) When I go to the nudist beach, it's generally because I want to get my own kit off and swim naked, not to look at the other guys, who are mainly over 40 and German!

Posted

Believe it or not you are wrong--I wouldn't go to either--I like our gay breach in the middle of the beaches on Fort Lauderdale--our nudist beach has too many FAT nongay French Canadians Nothing wrong with fat--I am--but they can't see their dick let alone someone else seeing it!! I have nothing against surfers (watcch it!) but, once again, I go for older and I found out in my youth living in Hollywood, Ca., and going to 'muscle beach' in Malibu taht going to bed with a hard body is like going to bed with a wall--I live some 'give'! :O)

Posted

I agree with you about "over-muscled" bodies. I could never get into the kind of guys you get on a "muscle beach". I also find those types of guys are unbearably obsessed with "working out" and most of them have an attitude problem! Most of the surfers here are just slim and toned without being rock hard. I also have to admit to a certain penchant for "puppy fat", but just enough to make them comfy to cuddle, not totally obese.

Posted

No puppy fat here--just old dog rolls!!! :O)