Anthony_C._Garcia

Hi - Gay fans of Doctor Who

Anthony_C._Garcia
Posted

Cardiff was where Torchwood was I think?

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

I don't know, I didn't get to see that many episodes of the series. However when The Doctor, Rose and Jacqui are arrested in Torchwood it was in London in the episode where the Cybermen come across realities followed by the Daleks. Cardiff was the setting for when Rose and The Doctor meet Charles Dickens on Xmas Eve when all the dead bodies in the funeral home go walking about, and later when The Doctor, Capt. Jack, Rose and Mickey (by train from London) meet and the last of the Slavins is building a nuclear power plant in Downtown Cardiff promising them a future that will glow.

Gareth_Raymour_Harding
Posted

oh you mean christopher eccleton era, i'm currently watching his series now, my favorite is 11 followed by 10, of the classic era patrick is my favorite, he was of course secretly gay as some of you would probably be aware

Posted

I have to agree with Gareth about one thing... The best of the "old" Doctors was Patrick Troughton. He was the first to really "do something" with the role and make it his own. Close second would be Jon Pertwee. For me, the subsequent ones went downhill a bit. I thought Tom Baker, especially, overacted the role a little, which made it somehow less believable. Colin Baker did a fair job, but I felt his portrayal became a little "over-serious" at times. That could, of course, have been down to the script-writing though. Of the "new" Doctors, my vote would definitely go to David Tenant, but, having said that, I've really enjoyed Matt Smith in the role as well.

As for Torchwood, I have yet to see the spin-off series. I love the fact that Captain Jack (alias "The Face Of Bow") is portrayed as an openly bisexual character, and I have to confess to a little lump in the throat when the David Tenant Doctor "fixed him up" with a young sailor... ;-)

James_Simmons
Posted

I, too, love the scene where the Doctor fixed Capt. Jack with the young sailer. I have seen all of the Doctor Who show from the beginning. Not and easy feat! I have also seen all of the Torchwood shows and the Sarah Jane spin off shows. All the Doctors had their strenghts for the time they were filmed. I do love David Tenant's Doctor and Christopher Eccleton was good, too.
The new Torchwood aka Capt. Jack era was build on the time rift because Jack knew that the Doctor sometimes recharged the Tardis from the time rift. The rift as has been mention is in Cardiff.

Posted

That sailor (Alonzo) is a cutie. Wasn't he in that Sherlock show and the Being Human show?