Ian_Anderson

Which mobile app? - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

A couple of years ago, I heard about "Grindr" from a Steven Fry interview, and I ran out and got myself a Smartphone! Anyway, there are now seemingly hundreds of these gay dating apps out there, the latest update for Grindr itself crashes Android phones, and guys are leaving in droves for other apps.

What I want to ask you all is:

Which do you think is the best Gay Dating app out there? Do you still like Grindr, maybe you prefer Gaydar; how about Jack'd, or Scruff, or Mister, or BoyAhoy?

Is there one app which you think is head and shoulders above the others, one which has cuter guys or friendlier guys... or are all the guys now spread equally around dozens of different apps, so you have to have all of them installed to make sure you don't miss your man?

Homer_Bozarth
Posted

i have never heard of any of them exceopt for Grindr

Thatkideddy
Posted

I heard of hornet and manhunt. Heard they were good but never used em cuz you have to be 18.

Posted

Oh you kids!!! I don't have/want/need a cell phone--and I use silverdaddies.com and craigslist.com to set up dates .

Marcus_Sykes
Posted

Sorry Ian - only ever seen or heard of Grindr !!!
A friend showed me on his phone - he had the other apps you mentioned, but didn't use the as much

Posted

Like Edgar said they no good if U not 18 and SIlverdaddies and craiglist are same. Dont reckon U supposed to want gay fun till u suddenly become 18!!!

John_Grant_61544
Posted

hehe like your comment Carl.

Posted

It's true, Carl. The problem is that most of the companies and servers which operate the gay dating sites and apps are based in the USA, where the age of consent is between 18 and 21. Whilst we here in Europe have more enlightened regulations (UK:16, Germany:15, Netherlands:15, Spain:13, etc.), we still get dictated to by the USA! (Even a lot of the sites based outside the US maintain an 18+ policy because they don't want to scare off American users.)

David_Cloud
Posted

Well maybe as popular opinion in the US is moving in many states towards accepting and legalising same sex marriage it would be good if next they could accept that guys want sex a lot earlier than 18 and look to European countries to see that society has not fallen apart by having lower legal ages of consent particularly like in some European countries where both the guys are within a defined age difference.

What's the general age of consent for hetero sex in the US states? If its less than for consent to gay sex then that is very unfair and it is NOT equality.

Posted

That seems to be a big issue over there, Martin. Although the USA is a "Country", the variation in State legislation means that it acts, a lot of the time, like 50 individual countries. I've noticed, also, that there is still a huge North/South divide, especially where issues like gay marriage and age of consent are concerned.

Posted

By the way, on that Wiki page, have you noticed how they describe the underage partner as a "victim"? Great for a young lad's self-image!!!!

Posted

Though the 'south' isn't as bad as it use to be it is still living back in the Civil War days in that many politicians think they won!

Talking about ''victims' have you read about the 'lesbian' case makign the news here? 2 high school girls were havign an affair--they were 3 years apart in age--when the older one turned 19 the other ones parents had the 19 year old arrested for rape!
http://southfloridagaynews.com/articles/younger-girl-in-kaitlyn-hunt-case-had-bible-thrown-at-her/128521

Posted

Im no victim, hell I stalked an older guy for over an hour cos I fancied him. In the end he did and I reckon he loved it by the noises he made and he liked the noises I made.

It only a victim if you dont like it or want it, me Im BRING IT ON to older guys

Posted

I know only too well how it is, Martin & Carl. I "came of age" when the UK age-of-consent was still 21, and, to some degree was treated as a "poor abused young lad going through a phase" until I was 21. Then, at 22, I was then branded a criminal for going out with a younger guy (who, today would be completely legal), and I still couldn't pass a CRB check to work in a school or anything to this day because of it. It's not just stupid, it's totally cruel! If under-18's are "victims" in any respect, they are not victims of any imagined threat from older guys, they are victims of outdated and misguided laws, which fail to take into account how much more mature and informed today's teenagers are.

Posted

But then Ian we get into the NAMBLA situation which is a big black mark against all gays--especially in the States!

Posted

The difference with NAMBLA is that they want to take the whole thing to extremes, and legalise sex with actual children (below the age of puberty). That is not just a black mark, it's totally sick. There's a big difference between lowering the age of consent in line with when the majority of teenagers are sexually active (or want to be) anyway (somewhere between 14 & 16), and removing the age of consent completely to produce a "Paedophiles' Charter". I look at it from the point of view of what is "natural". It is natural for a pubescent or post-pubescent boy to be sexually active, and some may wish to experiment with older men or women. It is NOT natural for pre-pubescent children to have sexual contact with adults, and that is the problem I (and millions of others) have with NAMBLA. In many ways, by plugging their extreme views, they, themselves, set back the cause for gay teenagers by decades!

Posted

I know what it is--you know what it is--BUT I keep reading blogs that say this is what ALL gay guys want--Ian as I said it is a BIG black mark against all gays. Let me go look up the one I read yesterday--I'll be right back.

Posted

Check out the comments from the parent, "writeawaythenothing" on the bottom of that blog. If only all parents were as enlightened, we wouldn't have an issue!

Posted

Writeaway and I are pretty good friends--it seems she has talked to her kids from day one all about sex--the responsibilites, the dangers, the joys, etc. She runs a spa in Memphis where I lived for 10 years BUT for every one of her there are 10 of firesbreath a dyed in the wool Republican Conservative christian (small c) and some times you just want to reach into the monitor and slap them around for being so stupid!! :O)

Posted

Three words, Martin... Education, Education, Education! Don't forget that huge portions of the "Bible Belt" still regard science as "The work of Satan"! With attitudes like that, it's very difficult to even have a sensible discussion with these people. As a Christian myself, who believes that science, nature, evolution and, yes, homosexuality are all parts of God's plan, I pray that God will open their eyes!

Posted

There are Christians and there are christians---the size of that c make a big difference.
The more people come out the more headway we make.

Posted

Agreed Martin... From your keyboard to God's ears! ;-)