Taking a chance (my life up-date) - Get HAPPY

Posted

I know it's been a while since I updated you on what's going on with me here so here goes nothing. Some of you know I've had leukemia for the past 11 years I saw my doctor today and I am trying to get on a new study. So I spent half the day in hospital getting loads of tests and now I have to wait 2 weeks until I find out if I can do it. 
There will be 117 people on this trial study in 20 countries it will go for 5 years. My doctor wasn't going to let me go on it but he changed his mind today so I had to be screened which meant loads of  tests. So fingers crossed I qualify to take part in it. 
I'm feeling really tired because they took a lot of blood but I know it was worth it. 
So who knows perhaps in 5 years I'll be in remission if not oh well I'll be on meds. 
So much has happened over the years since I was diagnosed in 2002 the day before my birthday.
It makes me think of all the bad things I've been through and I appreciate the good times so much more. I'm hoping not to have so many side effects from the drugs and if I can stop having them in a year who knows.
Life is a gamble so they say I'm ready to roll that dice.

Posted

Certainly hope you get into the trial test and that it is beneficial--my nephew has lived with leukemia since he was 15 and he is in his 50s now (How did THAT happen?!LOL)
In the past 13 years I have had all kinds of problems like a heart valve replaced, congestive heart failure, arterial fibliration and now I am going through vcataract surgery plus bridge work and tomorrow I go into the hospital (have to knocked out because I am claustrophobic!!!) for a MRA and MRI test.
And I take 13 meds a day!!! I deal pretty well with illnes and pain BUT wasting hours upon hours going to and from and waiting in doctors offices makes me climb walls!
You were diagnosed the day before your birthday--I started falling apart THE day I retired!

Karen_Wright
Posted

I hope you are one of the 117 people. I will make sure and say a little prayer for you Carol. And I wish you all of the luck in the world. I wouldn't want to lose one of my best friends to your leukemia that is fo darn sure, s best of luck Carol keep your chin up love.