Gareth_Raymour_Harding

back in town - Gay Guys! <3

Gareth_Raymour_Harding
Posted

finally started to come back here, was on scruff more or less as grindr has too many stuck up queens, abut lost my phone last night , so in the meantime before i replace it will be on here a bit , anyway after a few months in Sydney back in Brisbane, so message if you want to catch up or just comment, nsa is welcomed will be at the beat tomorrow at some stage.

Nicky_Troutt
Posted

hi what up i miss chatinng with you

Posted

No offense to anyone, but gay people do have the reputation of being stuck up. But I have always wondered why. Does anyone know?

Posted

I think stuck up is harsh. I find we are very judgmental and like to group.
young with young, old with old. I have been judged because I prefer Asian men and usually younger. Ooops off topic.... Regaining control of thought train

Posted

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. For the record, I am only speaking from my own personal experiences. Everyone please know I meant absolutely no offense to anyone anyplace. If anyone, by chance, did take any offense to my comment, I would like to take this opportunity here and now to publically offer my deepest and most genuine heartfelt apologies.

Posted

It's true that the gay community can seem a little "cliquey", especially once you're over 30, and more especially if you're over 30 and prefer guys under 30! Also, "Grindr", as an app, can appear to intensify that sense of "ageism", because it is there for one reason only, and that is "hook-ups". In general, the guys who do well on Grindr are either 18-25's looking for other 18-25's, 40+ guys looking for other 40+ guys, or guys who just want sex and don't care with whom. "Scruff" is a bit different, as it's aimed specifically at "Bears" and "Bear-lovers", so age is less of an issue in that app. It might also be worth looking at two other apps out there: "Mister" and "Planet Romeo". Both of those apps display the age-group the user is looking for, so you can check before you contact someone whether your approach is likely to be welcome. "Mister", especially, is allied to the "Daddyhunt" website, so a lot more of the younger guys on there are actively looking for older partners.