David_Vila

DRUNK? Before The First Date? - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

I met this guy online. We work in the same organization. We were supposed to go out on a "first" date to night as friends. Now he tells me he's drunk and can't come. Mind you that this guy has been trying to get a date with me or for me to even talk to him for the longest time now! He still wants to go down to Nashville with me though. I don't think so! Do you think I'm over reacting on this?

Posted

I don't think you are. Either this guy cannot handle his liquor, or he has a drinking problem. You have to ask yourself if you want a drinking problem in your life, because the alcohol will take over.

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

No, he appears to have a substance use problem, you don't want that in your life.

Posted

David I think you are being very smart--even giving him the benefit of a doubt and saying he was trying to get up 'courage' or 'nerve' to meet you, it is still a red flag

JR1
Posted

Walk Away. obviously his data with you was not his priority. Also trust me maybe he drinks a lot and has a problem and maybe he dosent but the last thing you want to do is get involved with someone who drinks like that Beenn there done that and its not pretty

Posted

We may all be jumping to the wrong conclusion about his drinking BUT we are right about that you are not overreacting to the whole thing--just tell him nicely you would rather not go to Nashville with him.

Keith_Imeson
Posted

just make a date locally first and see where it goes from there

Sen_Ll
Posted

i think you should first make this date happen, meet the guy then see what is upnext.

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

Dave My lover and I have been together for 26 years now and he drinks every night at home..so don't hold that against him..He might of had a bad day or was neverous about the date.. Give him a chance...You never know what might come out of it..