Connor_May_63662

Does anything about Facebook piss you? - Gay Guys! <3

Connor_May_63662
Posted

There are some some things that do me. I made a video, so here you go. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGPV3pSd_Zk

Liam_Martin-Lane
Posted

Nothing about Facebook itself, I think its fantastic. The problem I have is the people that use it. Admin staff should clamp down more on people who use the word"gay" as an insult to their friends. They don't know, but it has a negative effect on a third party - members of the gay community. They are being put under a label named: "anything bad or weird = gay"

Posted

I personally--and I think it is a generational thing--see nothing about facebook worth using though I do post there--never found anyone I was searching for!!! LOL

ALiam--do YOU say anything to these people????

Liam_Martin-Lane
Posted

What do you mean Martin?

Posted

"on people who use the word"gay" as an insult"--do you tell them they are insulting people? Insulting you? Hurting members of the gay community?

Liam_Martin-Lane
Posted

I don't, but I'm starting to avoid/defriend them on Facebook and other social media. Also, I'm thinking of starting to report them anonymously to the admin teams. I might write to them directly saying that they need to enforce this regulation a lot more. Currently there are millions of people that have social media accounts that think using the term "gay" to describe anything weird or wrong is acceptable, and it's gotten to a stage where they don't realise they're doing it.

Posted

Liam, I was an activist for 65 years--never took garbage from anyone--a gay joke demeaning gays? They heard from me--calling a gay "Mary" or "she" they heard from me--and never anonymously--why should anyone listen to you if you aren't willing to stand up for yourself? If it pisses you off say something ON and TO facebook.
The word gay is used in a negative way in high schools and has been for awhile with no teacher objecting--now it is being used the same way in media--WE have to stand up and we stand behind that by using OUR name.

Liam_Martin-Lane
Posted

That is true, and I guess any retribution we get from these guys we're just going to have to develop a thick skin to. But I do want the social media head guys to join us in trying to prevent this improper use in the future. I'm willing to use my name, not because I want to be known for doing it, but to show that I have been indirectly affected by it.

Posted

Very few people in positions of power even bother to read 'anonymous' sendings which is why one should use one's name.
Retribution??? I've been thrown in jail for marching and petitioning--I have been cursed at, spit upon--you name it--but I am here and have aided in getting rights for those coming after me.

Posted

Sun., June 9th, 13, 22:25 Hrs. M.D.T
Hi Group,
Ya I'm on Facebook, Nothing Hates Me More Then Their Policy if You Add Gay People, You GET BLOCKED for 15 to 30 Days, Mostly 30 Days. As I See it FB Has IT in For YOU if Your Gay. You Get Out of FB Jail, ad a Few Gay Associates, Bingo Your Back in FB JAIL.
Add Straight Associates and Your OK- Any NON Gay Groups as I See It.
As I See It "MY SPACE Was a LOT Better and MORE Gay Friendly. Non of This Bull Shit of Blocking Either.
Just My Views. I Have a Lot of Gay Associates on FB - Between Getting Blocked Plus Straight Hobbiests as well.
Would Love to GO Back to My Space if Its Popularity Pick Up Again.
Tnx.,
Operator.

Posted

Heck I have been on Myspace for about 7 years now--very little response---don't particularly like facebook but have never run into that blocking there--I am registered as a gay man, belong to a couple of gay sites but no trouble--maybe I belong to the wrong groups?!?! LOL

Posted

Tues., June 11th,13, 13:55 Hrs. M.D.T.
Hi Group,
Yup Space was Really Great. An Associate
I Know Got Me Onto My Space. He Was HOT,
Kept Bugging Me to Get On, so I Hoped On.
Had a Lot of Fun on My Space. What I Liked
was Its VERY Gay Friendly, NO Restrictions,
No Blocking and What Have You.
Still on My Space, but Its NOT the Same Any
More. What a Shame.
B Very Nice if Say "YAHOO" Were to Buy "My Space"
Give Facebook Some Competition - Big Time!.
That Associate - Still Like to Put a Few SMILES
on His Face!.
Tnx.,
Operator..

Posted

Andrew I have been on it for 8 years--use to get a lot of response but none the past 2 years.