William_Gutiérrez

Why do people fall out of love?? - Gay Guys! <3

William_Gutiérrez
Posted

I just want to know why.... why someone would when things were so great... an adventure everyday and relaxing times between... did I do something wrong?

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

You didn't do anything wrong if you were happy in the relationship. The other person has the issue(s).

William_Gutiérrez
Posted

Is there anything I can do aside wait????

Posted

I met, lived with and loved THE love of my life and it ended--a lot of hurt, a lot of questions--just had to live through it and I came out okay--time DOES heal.
As to your question MY answer is that I wasn't willing to compromise--I learned that I am better off living alone and devoting my time to my friends--I live alone but I am not lonely.
Whether you did something wrong or he did doesn't matter when it comes to the bottom line--it is over--it is painful but you will live to love and be loved again.

William_Gutiérrez
Posted

I hope so. and thank you. I just wish that it wouldn't be so. As well, he said "we will meet again, and you will remember mi". To clarify what he meant, two years ago I had a bit of a faint spell and wasn't breathing for 30 seconds. Though unconcoius for thirty minutes. That time without oxygen permanintly affected my memory and now it's difficult to remember longer than 2-3 months in the past. He, like I, is savy and intelligent. There might be something he has to do that he can't do with mi. However, if that be the case, should I take him back should he ask? Would I want him. The thing we've been afraid of is that we'll meet again and it will be strangers. As per "just being friends" that'd be too much for mi. Every emotion is 10x what it is to normal people. It'd hurt too much to just be friends. But if he did ask mi again, would I be in the wrong to accept him again?

Posted

Everyone is different--I have a quote framed "After having been your lover I would not lower myself to be your friend"--I have had 4 exes--2 died--I communicate with one of them (the one who was the love of my life) and he has a lover--I know where the 4th ones lives and we sort of keep in touch through a mutual friend.
I can only talk for myself--I don't believe in second chances--it didn't work the first time what makes me think it would the second time? By the same token I know 2 people who just celebrated 58 years together.
William, we are all normal and all our emotions are 10 times what they would be when we are hurting.
Would you be wrong to accept him again? There is no right or wrong and only you can decide that.

William_Gutiérrez
Posted

What I meant by the 10x more is simply... Bipolar. I hate it, but It normally doesn't bother. Though true, I guess you don't have to be to still hurt this much. Regardless, as a good friend of mine said, if it made you happy, why not? Well, it'd be a foolish choice in my opinion, but my experience, my foolish choices have made mi quite happy. I'll give it deep thought, thank you all for your time. You have each helped mi greatly. Thank you for your time and considerations. I wish you all the best.

Posted

I envy you for having at least been in a serious relationship . So far I have not found that one special one. I have had a number of near misses so to speaking but what I would not give just to have the hurt you are feeling. At least you have had someone you loved. I am not lonely though because have been alone my whole life and enjoy my own company.

Posted

Terry, that is something very hard for many young (and a few old) people to understand--that you can be alone but not lonely. I have lived alone for over 30 years and have never experienced loneliness--I do have my friends when I want company but I prefer, most of the time, my own company. :O)

Marcus_Sykes
Posted

I shared eleven magnificent years with him, he left me ????? I still don't know why ??
Sure he knows I still love him :-}

Posted

Marcus, It is very hard to let go and get on with your life but you have to put forth the effort-- would knowing why he left ease the pain any? IMO no.

Marcus_Sykes
Posted

I would like to know why - it would help me a great deal to to finally say goodbye. For I would like yo know, was it his decision, or something I did??
But - would always like him to be a friend :-)

Posted

It was nothing you did--if it was it would have told you!

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

We can't answer this question until we can answer a more basic question. Why do fools fall in love?