Liz_Duffy

Church - The Gay Christian Network

Liz_Duffy
Posted

I was at church today and what the pastor said still sticks to me three weeks later. He's always nice to see me and they let me work with the children but they don't know am bisexual yet.

Reason is simple, they don't like people like that because what he said was that Gays, Lesbians, Transgender and Bisexual are possessed by demons and the devil.

I may have this idea or theory wrong but I believe God made us all unique to test each one of us on how we love each other when we are approached with something outside the comfort zone and saying things like that has really shown how they feel.

Am just more angry that there's no LGBT friendly church that doesn't require a two hour journey on a bus, I really don't have the money for that.

Gerald_Sanders_56749
Posted

Is there an Episcopal church nearby; they are generally "gay friendly". I've been an Episcopalian since age 16. We have gay priests and bishops in our church. Give it a try

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

I was going to say the same thing but was looking it up first to try and help...Liz I would say the Episcopal church or M.C.C. church if they have one near by....both are L.G.B.T. and gay friendly...

Group Owner
Mike

Liz_Duffy
Posted

Still too far for me, I live on the borders and those churches are in Edinburgh and Glasgow. Think the only reason I stay at the one am at is I still have hope that maybe they will change when they realise that the slope ain't as steep as they think. I mean same sex marriage won't lead to incest marriage I mean yeah maybe we might have a lesbian queen or a gay king but who cares?