Brave-Heart

"STAR TREK INTO THE DARKNESS"--MOVIE REVIEW - Your WRITES

Posted

Full disclosure: of all the Star Trek chapters whether in books, TV episodes and movies I have only seen 2 of the 6 Star Trek movies. Being fairly new to what has been around for nearly 50 years I hope “Star Trek Into The Darkness” as a stand alone movie doesn’t represent all the previous stories. I felt a lot depended upon being a ‘trekkie’ and knowing what came before. The current film, in spite of the title, has more strobe lights and different colors than any movie I have seen in a long time. Between “Oblivion” and “Iron Man 3” this movie had very poorly executed non-special effects except how San Francisco will look years from now. The fights whether between men or machines were very lame. The screenplay by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Damon Lindelof offered some looks into the human side of all from a possible romance between Spock (Zachary Quinto) and Nyota (Zoe Saldana) if not a bromance between Spock and Kirk (Chris Pine) though I didn’t know who the latter was until later in the film when he is referred to as Captain James T. Kirk and, for whatever reason, I immediately thought of William Shatner. The standouts were Benedict Cumberbatch as the villain with Simon Pegg as Scotty offering the only laughs along the way. Whether the rest of the cast were satisfactory to Trekkies I didn’t have any problems with John Cho, Alice Eve, Bruce Greenwood, Peter Weller or any of the other actors. A new director and other screenwriters would bring a lot more to the sequel than those involved with this did. With many more ‘summer’ special effects blockbuster movies on the way I would suggest skipping this one.

Bethany_Frasier
Posted

The JJ Abrams version of Star Trek is a dumbed-down interpretation meant for the lowest common denominator of movie audiences, not dedicated Trekkers, who are an intelligent bunch as a rule. Its sad to see this great franchise reduced to this, but its indicative of what America as a whole has become.

Posted

I was hoping it would be a good movie for all--mainly I was very disappointed in the 'special effects'--not special at all!
I don't agree with your last statement but mother told me not to argue politics!! LOL

Christina_Desireé_Holt
Posted

I enjoyed the movie. Awesome! 5 Stars *****

Posted

Christina, are you a trekkie? That is really the reason anyone would like it--they know what is happening! LOL
After seeing Iron Man 3--and I am not into those kind of movies--where the special effects were really special the ones in this movie were the most blah I've seen--except for the San Fran "9/11" scene

Posted

Martin,i liked and millions will, its just your opinion, obvious you never r
Read dreadnought or blackfire,the film is excellent and so is the music, and harrison is khan,fantastic.
think your better sticking to unknown theatre reviews
I already have the films and when into darkness available will get it.
Lots.of other films i have,just picked one up,the crimson sea,doubt you would like it, its in german language.

Posted

Yes it is just my opinion so what??? I will continue to review ALL movies as I get paid to--you have been negative to everything and anything I have to say so why bother.
For the record 2 of my favorite films this year so far have been foreign language films--because you are so negative I really would prefer you stay away from MY pages just as I have stayed away from yours.

By the way my Friend AJ who is a diehard TREKKIE didn't like the film either

Posted

martin, the first words in this discussion "stark" obvious your lack of the english language is a lot worse than mine.
So nein liederneich, you understand that german for dont understand!
What you like and what i like will always be different, but really posting hate against a transsexual, in the negative too, silly boy!
You should have asked a few hundred people on here what i am like, not afraid of you or anyone.
Your just like these kids at kasserine,foolish little boys.
Really your not that interesting as a person,in fact rather boring! posting all that crap of your life story day by day.
Grow up silly we boy, you post like an infant, not a man.

Posted

There YOU go again--where am I 'pushing hate against a transexual"???

You are and have been constantly anti me--and I am not saying it because I am gay or Jewish or old or anything else--I don't like you because you are very negative. "Really your not that interesting as a person,in fact rather boring! " so why 1) do you read me? 2) why do you comment to me? I don't care for you as a negative person--it has nothing to do with being transsexual--why would I even care?
So why not just ignore me? Why waste your time with an infant?
Just as PS--I have a contract for my "7 Decades" series--so I can expect you won't be buying it when it is published in hardback for the Holiday Season?
I have not read any of your 'discussions' or comments for awhile now--in fact I decided to leave you alone and I have--wish you would do the same for me--ignore me--don't read me--don't comment to me.
OMG!!! I WROTE STARK INSTEAD OF STAR--hang me now!!! LOL

Posted

That is ok post was copied and passed to proper authorities, they will get in touch when there ready. Oops you did not know links i have with police.

Posted

What's so sad is how unhappy you are with you own life.
Proper authorities??? What threats at me????
Please go for help and stop being so mad at the world.
Have a good life--and be careful with threats as they can backfire. :O)
Since you have copied this 'and passed it on to proper authorities there is no need for you to visit my pages is there????

Posted

I just read all of this, everyone has their own opinion.
For goodness sake it's a movie review.
I didn't see Martin attacking anyone maybe Ailiean you got trekkie confused with the word tranny.
Can I please remind you personal threats and name calling is NOT allowed in the groups.

Description:
Your WRITES
Everyone has a story.
I want you to feel this is a place you can share yours.
I don't care about spelling or if your teacher says you can't write.
If you doodle you can doodle down your thoughts.
Anything goes here poetry, short stories, lyrics, anything!
I want you to tell us about your life and your feelings. What makes you happy and sad. Tell us whatever you would like to. Feel free to put your thoughts here.
It's your write.
Please after you read what someone has written just take a little more time to leave a comment even just a 'like' or 'Don't like' is fine let us know your thoughts on what others write here.
PLEASE please no fighting in this group and if you're going to be leaving feedback be polite.

Posted

What would attract a real Trekkie to this JJ Abams stuff? There's only one smurfing Spock!

Posted

Bethany, that's what they do to movies these days. Film is no longer an art form. It's a way to make money. Books also, unfortunately.

Bethany_Frasier
Posted

Let them make money pandering to the Adam Sandler crowd! The original Star Trek certainly made money for Paramount while maintaining artistic integrity.

Posted

Jack you may have to search far and wide but every once in awhile you will find a picture that is art---I saw "Amore" in January and it is still with me.