Profile pics - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

What's up with all the profile pics where people are photographing themselves in mirrors?

Posted

Don't ask me--I just look at myself in mirrors!!! I get other people to take pictures of me--too bad you can't post pictures here.

Posted

I've seen so many pics here and on other sites where people simply are standing in front of mirrors holding their digital cameras. (Haven't yet seen one with a Polaroid.) They try to pose in those "hip" postures but still come out looking like nothing more than people who have nothing better to do with their cameras than taking pictures of themselves.

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

It's the new thing, it's all over other sites.

Sen_Ll
Posted

every one thinks is more beautiful infront of a mirror

Posted

I try to only use photographs of myself that other people have taken, But I have people asking me for photographs, and when you tell them that you don't have more photographs of your self at the moment, they get testy. I suppose that some people just take photographs of themselves in the mirror to satisfy those people, but I think that having friends take pictures of me doing things that I enjoy doing gives a better impression of who I am than a picture of myself in front of a mirror.

Posted

I can't stand looking in mirrors. Don't particularly enjoy looking at pics of myself these days either.

Posted

Jack I have had pictures taken of me whole life--in fact I could do a picture book of my life! LOL I have never minded looking in the mirror even when I weighed over 300 pounds and now that I am old I love to see the good and bad that my life has impressed on my face.

Devin_Kuntz
Posted

Well personally, there isn't really anybody to take pictures of me because its not really something my generation does anymore

Posted

There is an article in Time Magazine about the 18-30 year olds today and how they are always taking pictures of themselves and posting them on the Internet!--I think they are being called the millennium generation--interesting article.

Devin_Kuntz
Posted

I find it kind of weird to have such a gap with technology. I grew up with it and just kind of always thought everyone else had taken it up. It's also interesting that there is an article about us and that we have such a kick-ass generation name.

Posted

My generation are the newbies to technology--most can just about deal with e-mails--they (we) need the help of your generation to have patience and teach us.
Devin most of us didn't even learn to type!! :O) I still hunt and peck after writing 8 books, a p[lay and numerous magazine/newspaper articles.
Go to timemagazine.com and read it the article--last weeks issue.

Now we just have to get you some 'bodies' to take your picture--that's one of the 'bad' things about growing up with technology--you cut yourself off from REAL people.

Posted

My grandparents had an LP player that had a built-in 8 track! I miss it. It was one of those nostalgic things from my childhood.

Posted

Jack you may have to explain LP player and 8 track to the kids of today--they only know Itunes! LOL

Posted

I know. People have never heard of an 8 track, but those were some of the best years of my childhood. I still remember having LPs of my own-- The Muppet Movie soundtrack and a record about dinosaurs.

Posted

I remember complete original Broadway cast albums on 78s--including the complete plays "The Boys In The Band" and "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" and let's not forget 45s!!!!! LOL

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

@Jack I still have my family 1976 Radio,stero and 8 track from RCA...

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

@Jack, I once had a dynamite * player, and I still have my LPs and 45s.

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

I hate mirrors and pics of my self! I usually throw my hand up and yell, No pictures, no comment, I take the Fifth!"

Posted

I'm going to stop taking pics soon. A friend took some pics of me last week and asked me if it was okay if he posted them on Facebook. I said no. This week, I saw them on his facebook profile, but I didn't say anything. I really should though.

Posted

Jack, I am constantly having pictures taken of me--for avatars, blogs, articles--in fact time to change this avatar IF I can figure out how!!! LOL