WHAT IF??? - Love and Romance

Gr****

Posted

***"What" and "If" are two words as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life: What if? What if? What if? I don't know how your story ended but if what you felt then was true love, then it's never too late. If it was true then, why wouldn't it be true now? You need only the courage to follow your heart. I don't know what a love like Juliet's feels like - love to leave loved ones for, love to cross oceans for but I'd like to believe if I ever were to feel it, that I will have the courage to seize it. And, Claire, if you didn't, I hope one day that you will. All my love, Juliet***

Beautiful excerpt from the movie “Letters to Juliet”...Certainly not a Gay movie (and not sure if it can get the interest of anybody), but I just thought of sharing it coz I just think it’s beautiful and worth watching for... WHAT IF? Words that totally struck me, and until now been asking myself, what if? What if, If I confessed how I truly felt about u then? What if, I did not played around with your brother, and confessed it was really you whom I loved...Be selfish for all that I can, coz I know you’re with someone at that time...What if I had told you, that behind all the distance and factors that separates us, I have enough courage to cross all the boundaries just for US? But I’ve chosen to eat all my selfishness and let time die out all this love I have for you...I don’t know until when will this WHAT IF will haunt me, but now the more I realized it, Time just keeps on betraying me by reminding me of how my world revolved around you.. I don’t know why am I still doing this, maybe some part me is still hoping these words gets to you...That somehow, though I never got the chance to tell you this, fate would interfere.... I love you.. I wish the best for you.. ..

Posted

i know how you feel, but whenever i think about all the what ifs i also think to myself if something is meant to happen then it'll happen. if you still love the person this is about i think you should tell them how you feel. i always try to tell people how i honestly feel about them cuz you never know when it's your last day or their's. if you ever need someone to talk or vent to you can talk to me, i'm a good listener.

Posted

Well that’s very sweet of you Valerie...thank you and I’m glad that someone did understand how it felt being haunted by this WHAT IF’s... And honestly, it’d be very helpful on my side if I can share our story with someone, it’s just that bothering someone with my life’s imperfections is the least intention I have on my mind... But since the offer came from your side, the pleasure’s all mine to share some of it Well, I met this amazing girl from this site....And like all common cyber encounters done by this kind of sites, beautiful friendship bridged our different worlds(she’s in Europe while I’m from Asia).. She was committed at that time we met, and I’m just a simple confidant for her while she’s taking all these *** from her gf... And I never regretted every single moment that I was there for her... Just never thought of falling for her... Well, with such a beautiful soul like hers, who wouldn’t? Well, after learning about her break-up with her gf, somehow some shine of hope flashed towards me... And after a while, something holds me back...well, first and foremost the distance that separates us... And she is just beginning to start a new life coz she just finished college... And I don’t want to be selfish to take that away from her..And lastly, the *** of rejection that might happen if it’s only friendship that she can offer... I’m just not sure if in telling her how I truly felt would make such a difference or not... To be honest, I just leave it all to destiny...Like you said, If something is meant to happen, It’ll happen.. I just miss her badly i guess.. ..

Posted

well...i dont know being a friend for someone u loved for more than yourself just aint easy... as much as ive wanted to, but that would mean falling deep for her more... and with our situation, im not sure if thats going to be healthy for me either... falling for someone far from u, will just keep ur heart longing...and further more the thought of unsureness coz ur also wasn't sure if she's feeling the same way towards u... I just go crazy of what destiny have for us...Or if there is really us in the future... But i'm deeply grateful for the responses uv given.. really appreciated....Ur fiance must be really lucky to have u

Posted

Well Grace now I finally understand the entire story a lot better than before and not to worry this is something I can't interfere with. For once, I know better and hope for the best between you and that cute lady. :3 As far as thoughts go on the piece above. I always feel like that regardless of who I express my emotions to or if I try to move on from my ex gf from this site. Sadly there is no going back, just a forward situation. Meaning, you sadly can't turn time back around cause if you could I probably would *** it a bit too much. Heh. But again, I know now why I feel so alone more than ever but at the same time nothing I can do about it except stay single and hope for some pretty girl to look my way and shine a glee of hope. I can only wish the same thing for you. Sorry I can't offer more advice than this.

Posted

Well, I'm glad that uv given time to learn about our story from here...And I'm sorry if I'm not able to talk to you "decently" yesterday.. I'm sure you also have those "days" of your own... And you've also got ur point in there about "no turning backs, just forward"... If only that was easier to be said, than done..then we wouldnt have this discussion here, don't we? well, we just all hope that destiny work its way for our relationships sooner...so that we could all just stop about this lament thing..lol thanks for the response though

Posted

You're very welcome hun. Anytime! ^_^

Posted

Well, best of luck for all of us! I'm glad that uv already found ur better half hoping to find mine too nice meeting u on here

Posted

I'm hoping to find mine on this site too. :&gt

Posted

I agree with you, I have a "what if" hunting me for years now and I keep on telling my self that she's better off with out me, I find my self a girlfriend in a crazy attempt to keep her out of my mind and after many years is that "what if" is back

Posted

oh wow!! luckily im just counting mine for months terms only and yours is in years already...well, i was hoping to dont go that far, and I'm not saying that because she wasn't that special for me... she must've really meant that special for you...care to share her story here? well, i guess true love's never die that fast...

Posted

Of course not! But remember Grace don't gbo being sad now if she doesn't end up being the one and don't just concentrate on just that one girl when there's plenty of pretty girls on this site looking on your profile seeing if your available or not. Some are too shy to ask the other person out. :3 So sometimes they require us to talk to them first. :3 Give them a try too. ^_^

Posted

Well I know my love will stay and that's what is killing me... well we met in college 6 years ago, I will call her J, at the time I was interested in this other girl (A) that thanks to J, I end up dating and we have being together for those same 6 years. I don't really remember when I fell for her cause at the beginning we were good friends, she was the kind of friend that you can trust with everything, we use to talk every single night and i use to feel empty when we weren't able to do so, J had a girlfriend at the time so we had days when she'll be with her and it was ok. A month after we meet, we find ourself cuddling in bed and talking about everything and anything and we kinda knew something was up, so we had to talk about it and we agree that we had to stop cause of her girlfriend and she was going through crazy problems so J told me that she was going to stick with her and that I should move on and we agreed so we stop talking that often, I started a relationship with A and everything was "ok", but on October of that same year I realize I loved A but I'm not in love with her after a halloween party, J were still living with her parents and (we were 18 at the time)she told them she was going to a trip with her class so she went back home with me after the party, we got home and we were laying there talking and looking at the ceiling then we turn to face each other and we end up kissing, I was nervous cause it was a feeling I never got before so I stop everything before we moved on, I have say that I regret that moment like you have no idea, she was still with her girlfriend and she had a conversation with A and both of them corner me after a class and literally asked me to choose between both of them, no tell me how can I pick J when I knew she was still seeing her "ex girlfriend" she did tell me that her ex needed her and that she will not leave her, so I realize A was the perfect option and I had to say that I wasn't feeling anything for her, now we've talked for all these years, every full moon, I know she's not with her ex but now w=she has a new girl, and she's happy so I decided to get a job really far away from home, I am still with A, i don't know how to end our relationship she's a very good friend but she doesn't wanna move in with me and now long distance relationship is harder than everything soo yeah my heart is kinda broken but at least I know J is happy, that's what matters right?

Posted

@Ice - I'm not totally saying that she's the one, though there was a part of me hoping, that she is the one...What I'm trying to say is, sometimes there are people in our lives that we meet and felt something really special and something about them that you can't simply let go...the feeling is unexplainable... I don't know if you were able to grasp what i meant, and its not that I'm not trying to reach out to other girls...Just couldn't seem to find another one, at this moment

Posted

@ Elizabeth - well, it just proves that the heart can really play with us, most of the time...I mean, J is already right in front of you, but just needed some time to realize what's ur true feelings for her.....And after all the relationships that both of u have, there comes confrontation that still end up choosing what's not ur heart truly desires because you are both protecting other people...Sorry if i have to say this, but don't u think those years that passed, still not enough to give away ur own happiness? Its quite obvious that u were both crazy about each other, yet ur both still running away from ur true feelings....which i don't understand...I may not be the best person to give away advices, but i'm just speaking of my humble opinion.....You also believe that this love that you have is gonna stay with you for until when, we don't know...Why not try listening to ur heart for a change? Guess, I don't have the right to say that, but If I could have only known that my princess feels the same way towards me, I could've fought for her at any will..

Posted

@ Grace - Awww that is really sweet Grace. Even if you don't feel you have the right to speak there you still offer some heart warming advice. @ Elizabeth - your story is touching my dear I'll give you that much but something my mom taught me that's true in life. If you constantly focus on only making one person happy and not yourself, you will never be happy in the very end. Do you know why that is? o_O It's because your supposed in some situations put yourself before others because in the end while everyone is having fun at parties and making others miserable (if any), you will still be at home sad or anywhere sad... So you need to focus on yourself first basically before you can focus on others happiness. If anything, your not a clown or an entertainer, it isn't your job to make others happy all the time. And you own't loose anyone in the end even if you can't make them happy. Just remember that and you'll do a lot better. But I think you did the right thing, in my opinion of picking between the two. What they both did or what J did trying to make you choose between the two is really wrong. People shouldn't ever make others choose between two people they love or like a lot. I learned that through experience. Either way if J made you do that, that shows a flaw in her character. But anyways, I am not here to judge anyone so I mean if you liked her past all that then who am I to say what is right or wrong right? XP

Posted

@ Grace, yes I know I should listen to my heart, but is taking me a wile, I have to finish my relationship with A now cause our relationship is just going in the wrong direction. @ Ixis, I am trying to be selfish and think about me for a chance, and I use to believe that the "ok now you have to pick" was only in movies, that was the worst moment of my life, and as I said I am trying to think about me and I am trying to finish my relationship so I can focus on my new career and my new life, OK vs NJ/NY is not the best change but is a new beginning, She's with an other girl so even if I decide to make a move she's out of my range, love is very confusing and even when we try to understand it, it just confuse us even more, but thanks girls, I feel so relieve after sharing my crazy love story, I really hope it ends like a typical love story with a happily ever after, it also sucks that I am a hopelessly romantic and my actual gf (A) doesn't like that, so I really hope to have my happily ever after.... Once again thanks girls!!

Posted

Oh...the pleasures all mine...Its been great having this discussion with u ladies on here...And Im thankful for the time you've spent sharing ur stories on here...And don't say that it sucks to be one hopeless romantic, coz i think I'm one hell of it too i think we should create a group for that! lol I hope we all find our peace and true happiness....Good luck with your new beginning

Posted

Yeah you and I both Grace are both known to be hopeless romantics. Nothing wrong with that.