Lets talk music - The Rainbow Lounge

Posted

Since this is a group to welcome and meet new members as much as it as it is a place to chat up with friends.
Tell me who are your favourite singers and bands?
Do you have a favourite song at the moment?

If you see someone's answer and you like it say "hi" to them
Lets get talking

Posted

Favorite song? "Oh, Mr. Johnny Verbeck" and "The Unicorn Song." I have composed a few ditties of my own, too

John_Thain
Posted

My favourite singers would have to be Petula Clark, Karen Caprenter and French singer Rose Laurens.

At the moment, my favourite song is The Gift of Love sung by Bette Midler.

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

Hi John, love Petula Clark and Bette Midler. Love the Motown Sound, Swing, Disco, anything dancable. Really like Chaka Khan, Evelyn Champagne King, Rick Astley, Barry White, Aretha Franklin, Ella Fitzgerald, the Pointer sisters, The Andrew Sisters, and a lot of unique one-off hits, the one hit wonders of the world.

Posted

I have to say my ALL TIME favorite band/artist has to be The Smiths/Morrissey.
Now, besides that, I really enjoy:
Minus The Bear, Bloc Party, A Day To Remember, Phoenix, Jimmy Eat World, The Veronicas, Atlas Genius, Anberlin, Young The Giant, The Strokes, P!nk, Neon Trees, Matt Nathanson, Lights, K-ON!!, IU, Hatsune Miku, Girls Dead Monster, fun, Florence & The Machine, Ellie Goulding, Ed Sheeran, Deftones, & 2NE1.
I apologize for the long list, but hey, this is just from the top of my head, could have been worse. o.o

Posted

That's the song, Ailean.

Tiggerdean
Posted

The 60's and early 70's were a seminal time for my musical development. Rock and especially progressive rock. Yes, Jethro Tull, Gentle Giant, King Crimson. There is sometimes a question of whether you are an Elvis or a Beatles person.
I would say I'm a Beatles person. Once I found out that Elvis liked Monty Pythons Holy Grail I eased off "the king". Being a musician helped form some of my musical choices.