as I slowly go insane
I won't forget you and I cry
as dust with tears turn to mud

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

Poignant

Debbie_Dibble
Posted

Carol, is this something that has just happened? If so are you ok love?

Posted

Actually this I wrote a while ago but never posted it. I thought it's something different to what I usually write and I just thought some one may get something out of it.
It's what happened one day, I went out and when I came home I found all my chickens were killed by a dog.
It really shook me up and made me think about how life is so easily taken away.
Of course this is nothing to what is happening in the world today.

Kai_De_Bressac
Posted

Genius! \m/

Posted

Chickens?? The imagery was so haunting, but when you say it was about chickens, I don't know. That takes something away from it, I think. I enjoyed reading it. Very frightening.

Debbie_Dibble
Posted

It doesn't make it any less tragic

Posted

Chickens are no less tragic than a tragic lover? Seriously? I'll admit I eat way too much chicken. Would like more beef or lamb in my diet, but I think that Carol's poem is far more effective when you conjure up the image of a person at the foot of that tree.

Posted

It amazes me the power of words on a page
When I get an idea I know I write very abstract
I like the reader to imagine all sorts of things
The truth is you hear what you want to hear
See what you want to see
Your perceptions of life and of others are as you see them
I could say to you "I hope you get what you deserve"
Some will say thank you but others will think I'm being.
This is why there is so much confusion in the world.
If you look into a mirror you don't see what others see
We only show the world a little of ourselves.

Of course this poem would be more tragic if it were a human but a life is a life.
Why do you believe it happened at all?
Simply because you read it?
We accept way too many things in life and now it's time to start questioning.
If this took you out of your comfort zone it's a good thing there is nothing wrong with you imagination running wild, in fact I think it's a good thing.

Also I did get a few people asking why I wrote this and was everything ok with me.
Why so dark? Well like I said I just thought it was something different than other things I've posted here. I have wrote dark stuff but I mainly post light and fluffy here so maybe I just wanted to how another side.

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

They were your family, and death is death. I have suffered severe bouts of depression over the death of my dogs and cats, non-pet people think it's ridiculous, but I have loved my pets as I love my own children. In face I had a cat for twenty years, my children were born and left home, and when I had to put him down I was devestated, as were my family, even tho I lived with him and three other cats at the time. He was my best friend, he slept with me every night, he loved me with condition, when I came home from the gay bars, alone, feeling unloved, with cheese or ice cream he shared my repast of hurt with me and then curled up in bed with me to offer his sympathy.

Unfortunately, when I got lucky he got pissed off, and when the sex was over, he demanded to sleep between me and mt boyfriend, and he had seniority over them, so I'd tell them to shove over cuz he rated higher than them, he was my kitty.