Facebook likes - The Rainbow Lounge

Posted

I read a fascinating book when I was a kid about three generations of incest in a family. I always have difficulty looking it up online because there are several books by the same title, and I never remembered the author's name. I just looked it up. It's called In my Mother's House, and the author's name is Elizabeth Winthrop. If you can believe it, she also wrote The Castle in the Attic. I looked her up on Facebook. Her fanpage has a whopping 155 likes, and she has produced over fifty books in a career spanning 30 years.

I presently have 14 likes. I know this sounds degrading and self-serving, but I'd love the opportunity to get more facebook likes than an established author, and I'm only 141 thumbs away. If you like, please check out my fanpage on facebook and give me a like. Or, you can like me on Facebook via my website jcherbourg.weebly.com.

Thank you so much!

Flash632
Posted

Hi Jack, I'm not understanding why you would need me to 'like' you on Facebook? Or, it is not clear what you are asking me? Is it the 'subject, content' of E. Winthrop that I would be liking or YOU as a compeditor author that I would be liking? Patrick

Posted

Yeah. If you look up Jack Cherbourg, you'll find my fan page with a picture of my novel. That's what I'm asking folks to like.

Flash632
Posted

What is your novel about? Subject matter?

Posted

My novel is an autobiographical fantasy. It is the story of an orphan raised by a family in a clan that is not his own. He is different from the clan, which makes him an outcast, and he never succeeds in fitting in socially. Even the leader of the clan pays little heed to him. One day, messengers come with word that there is a great war in which the Wisdom texts, the sacred texts that maintain balance and harmony on the earth, are being destroyed by the forces of evil. The young orphan decides that he will join the war effort in order to prove himself. Along the way, he discovers more incredible things about himself, his origins, and his destiny.