Anneke_Thiem

anniversary gifts? - The Rainbow Lounge

Anneke_Thiem
Posted

Me and my girlfriend are soon celebrating our first anniversary. Its not yet a wedding anniversary but still very special to me. A great reminder that I have got the most amazing girlfriend for one whole year. What would you get for your special one? Are you a chocolate and flower kind of person or maybe you like some more unusual things? I heard someone got her bf a bungy jump with an option of dipping the head into the river water! :-O I am shaking by only thinking about it xD My parents used to go to a chinese restaurant and we children had a sleep over at a friends house on their special day. My mum would bake a cake in heart shape and my dad them some sparkling wine :-) I always thought that was really sweet.

Posted

congragulations when it comes girls, may it last forever.
blessed be.

Posted

When my partner and I celebrate our anniversary we have a champagne breakfast then go off to a sauna either in Brighton or London

Anneke_Thiem
Posted

@ Ailean: Thank you! :-)
@ Peter: champagne breakfast and sauna sounds awesome :-)

Flash632
Posted

Hi Anneke, Just keep your 1st anniversary simple. Prepare a meal in your home, a bottle of wine, candle light, soft music in background. It's the love you share that you want to express. Patrick

Anneke_Thiem
Posted

Hi Patrick! Thanks for your advice. That sounds romantic :-)

Posted

Bungee jumping into a lake sounds like fun. I'm going skydiving over the Bermuda Triangle for my 40th birthday.

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

My Hubby and I are going to be celebrating or 26 years together this year and every year we try and do something that the other likes to do...Now I don't know what you all like but I would say do something that you will remember in years to come...

Posted

well happy anniversary to you michael and your partner, when it comes.
@jack bermuda triangle is a large area, mainly a lot of seawater, and strange things happen there, even disappearences, promise you wont do that.
As for bungee jumping into a lake any more than a drop of 80ft is like hitting concrete, be careful.

Flash632
Posted

Michael Wolfe, My Partner and I are reading 'The Velvet Rage' "Overcoming the pain of growing up gay in a straight man's world" by Alan Downs, PH.D. There is provided an questionnaire with proper answers for discussion with your Partner. This is a 2006 edition. Da Capo Press books.

Michael_Wolfe
Posted

Just want to know why you are telling me that Patrick....

Posted

@ patrick, even i cant understand you, mike and his partner are nice people, happily in there relationship, many of us wish we had that.
never judge people by the cover, there is an old saying " my word is my bond" that says it all.
And books only tell what the author sees, or wants to say, so much is 3rd hand, not first hand account.
As for questionairres, unless you ask the specific Q, you will never get a true meaning or answer.
Happy anniversary to all that are on here.
blessed be.

Flash632
Posted

Hi Michael, Because it is an opportunity to get to know each other better. My Partner and I are happy and this is a way of sharing more deeply who we are as Gay Men. Just thought you and your Partner may be interested, that's all. Patrick