Frustrate good times--come on - The Rainbow Lounge

Posted

I don't usually talk about things like this here. Okay, I never talk about things like this here. I just need to get it off my chest, to share it with you, my friends, and perhaps just calm myself down.

I was googling some crayzee stuff last week when I found a fascinating, fascinating Jewish fellow. He is on a particular website, so I immediately went there and signed up. This fellow just radiates amazingness. I started to set up a profile there, wrote some stuff, answered some questions, but without a photo at first. I read this fellow's profile, and it was like something out of my wildest dreams, an almost-mirror image of myself but much more stable, and I sent him a message saying that I think we have a lot in common and I'd love to get to know him better.

Within a day, I saw that he had read my message, but he did not respond. I put up a picture in the meantime and worked more on my profile. After a few days, he responded, saying that I sound "rad." (He's several years my junior, and that word was out of fashion by the time I was a teenager, but I still use "groovy.")

He asked me a couple questions (about my writing and being religious). I responded, answering his questions as concisely as I could and asking him a bit about himself.

He has been online since then, and it has been a few days now. (I'm not pathetic enough to keep track of how many days.) I just feel like this fellow is as perfect, perfect, perfect as they come. I doubt that I could find anybody like this all in one package, but I have to wait and be patient. I checked my email about seven thousand times yesterday (maybe fewer), but no response yet. This guy is outrageous, and even if it's just as friends, I would love to get to know him, but I have to exercise self-restraint and patience.

Argh!

Posted

I may be going out this evening with another fellow I met on that site. He's also a bit younger than I am. A bit! (He's 14 years my junior--gasp!)

Posted

Oh my smurf!

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

Go for the gusto, smurf him into the middle of next week!

Posted

It's set for 9ish. I have the flu, I think, but I'm not telling anybody until I'm on the train home tonight. Gonna have me some long-overdue fun.

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

Tell him it's allergies and that antihistimines don't work unless they are organic, produced by having hot, nasty sex.

Posted

I'm not one to smurf and tell, Tristram...

Indiana_Dolly
Posted

Well, patience and perseverance would definitely pay off. Wait and see what happens and see how he has to respond you back. Then, move on from there.

- Indie

Posted

Yeah, Indie. Thanks. I'm trying that. If it's meant to be, it will be. If not, there have been better.

Przemek_Grey
Posted

Hey Jack! May I know what's the name of the website you found him on?

Posted

It's okcupid.com. Well, I have set up another date with the fellow I met this week. Mexican, which is just up my alley, and just the sweetest thing I ever did meet. He doesn't have Tristram's experience, but he is so rich and vibrant with a bit of a dark, quirky side and as laid back as a cloud in a pillow cushion.

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

Experience counts when applying for a position, whether it's 69 or missionary! LOL

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

I only tell if it was mothersmurfing smurftastic!

Posted

Golly, Tristram, I'm counting the hours until I meet him again. Friday night, I was counting 72 hours, and last night I realized that it had been four days from Friday to Tuesday, so I had to start all over again counting 72 hours, but we're now a 59 hours, so I'm getting excited.

I once learned from a great philosopher--Garfield, to be exact--that when you sleep tomorrow comes much more quickly.

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

Glad to hear he's a great date!

Posted

Tonight is the big night. I met another fellow last night, though--a fellow from the UK of Chinese decent. His name is Yan, and I'll just tell you that Yan can cook. Tonight, though, is the big deal.

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

Enjoy your helping of Sum Yung Man!

Posted

Well, last ni ght was the young one. Neither one of us is very good at making plans, so I made a decision, and we met and got on the train. He didn't ask me where we're going, just followed me. We went to Coney Island and walked and walked and walked along the beach. I bought some beer for him, which he drank from a plastic champagne glass that I brought along.

I had a blast--and he's Mexican. I love latinos! Actually, of the Big Five, the most important relationships I've had, none of them were US born. The first was Argentinian, the second was American but born and grew up in Israel, the third was Ukranian, the fourth South African, and the fifth Mexican. From okcupid, I end up thus far with a Chinese Brit and another Mexican--but what a Mexican! Some people say Mexican't, but I say Mexican and Mexiwill.