Subway lines - Get HAPPY

Posted

As I have been told, I have a tendency to be a funny fellow. An example is when I'm on the train. I quote the train announcements as they come on. "Stand clear of the closing doors please" is my all time favorite. There is one, "This is the last stop on this train. Everybody please leave the train." Yesterday, we got off the train, and it was the last stop, and that was the announcement. My daughter wanted me to carry her. She is four and a half years old, and my knee has been acting up the past couple days. I didn't have energy to pick her up, and she continued to put up a fuss. I responded to her by saying, "This is the last stop on my nerves. Everybody, please get off my nerves." There was a woman who was standing near us who tried desperately not to laugh out loud at me.

Earlier, on the train, my daughter's headband fell off her head, and I put it under my hat. Immediately after the aforementioned incident, I removed my hat to give her her headband, and it was not in my hat! I checked and discovered the headband was resting on my head, which caused another innocent bystander to burst into laughter.

Posted

Funny jack, but even in 20yrs you will remember these things, pity about your knee though, maybe you need to strengthen it first rather than running, leg muscle can be improved in swimming pool without the jarring of running, also its something all the family can enjoy.

Posted

Thanks, Ailean. I finally have an appointment for an MRI tomorrow though. In the meantime, I am walking with my ol' cane again.

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

I love talking subway cars with the animatronic voice mispronouncing everything. I tell my grandkids that the subway lady is mad at them and they'd better do as she says. They always laugh when the computer voice says last stop Ash-mont in such a weird way in stead a Ashmont.

Posted

Well all the best with mri scan, hope you get good news,once had a problem with fluid in my knee,injections are painful but it helped, hope its not that.
At a fitness /training shop you can get a weighted pack that fits around your leg,so even walking or standing, doing normal stuff it builds muscle tissue, its when you take it off you feel the difference.
blessings for you my friend.

Posted

Thank you, Ailean. I should be hearing the results tomorrow or Friday.

Posted

I got the results. Don't know what they mean, but it is good to know that I have a legitimate problem. Goin' to an orthopedist next week before I end up back on crutches.

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

Good luck!

Posted

Thanks for the wishes.