Paradigm - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

I went to the doctor yesterday to get a referral for an MRI for my knee. The nurse weighed me. The scale said I weighed 158 pounds! I laughed. I told her that I have not weighed over 133 pounds since I was a teenager. She said, "Maybe your shoes put on extra weight." I took off my shoes and my coat, and the new reading on the scale was 152. I later weighed myself at work with the same results. When did that happen? 152 pounds? When--how--did I gain 20 pounds like that? Where did it go? I'm a skinny mother smurfer. I have prided myself for years on the fact that I weigh 133 pounds. How do I continue? When did it change, and how do I know change my own outlook on my weight? Could I really weigh 152 pounds? I feel like a trauma survivor who is going through the denial stage because I simply do not know how to fit this new revelation into my life.

Yeremiah_Hardt
Posted

Number 1 relax
Number 2 accept it
Number 3 You can change it by: watching what you eat, increacing your workout
regiment

Posted

Yeremiah, I'm not overweight. I'm skinny as a rail and always have been, but this new revelation simply changes everything I have assumed and said about myself for years and years. It is mortifying.

Yeremiah_Hardt
Posted

Dont let it scare you, remain positive

Yeremiah_Hardt
Posted

And adorable, because you are

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

All doctors scales are weighted against you. Theirs is always 5 to 10 pounds heavier than mines at home. Then again, at home I am barracks naked and just eliminated waste products. The funniest thing, if you ever watch Absolutely Fabulous is when Eddi weighs herself.

Posted

Even ten pounds is a leap from twenty pounds.

Posted

I would say that at 133 pounds you were probably under weight. From the pictures in your profile, I would say that you are about 6 feet tall. At 152 pounds, if you are between 5'5" and 6' 5" tall you are at a healthy weight.

Posted

I'm actually 5 foot 7. Thanks, Chris. I simply don't know how I could have been mistaken for so long about my weight.

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

Cha, you are a cute little shrimp boat!

Posted

A lot of guys do not weigh themselves regularly. If that has been the case, you may not have seen the weight gain. I would suspect that your weight gradually increased, especially if you have passed the 40 mark when a lot of guys metabolism changes.

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

I have bouts of Congestive Heart Failure so I must weigh myself every day. There is nothing more depressing than that! The scale has always been my enemy and chocolate my best friend, not a good combo!

Posted

I went to have an MRI done yesterday. I had to fill out a form that asked My weight. I thought about writing 133, but I ended up writing 152. That was strange.