I think I may be crazy - Get HAPPY

Posted

So today when I was out shopping I figured out why I never get lonely.
I just chat away to myself and when someone is around I talk to them.
Do you do this?
If not just try it.

Start talking about what is happening "Gosh it's busy in here today"
or "wow that's so cheap I'm glad there is lots of room in my freezer I'm buying these."
Just come right out and just say it.

You can be more daring when someone picks something up and puts it in their basket or tolley just say oh what's that like I haven't tried it.
Most people in surprize will tell you.

You may get strage looks but often other crazy people will answer you and you just start talking.
I have the funniest conversions with people in the line waiting to pay for their shopping.
It seems when I get them started they don't want to stop.

Oh big hint when you do this older people love to talk and you may get stuck chatting about their pet dog or cat.
LOL but it's fun to do.
So try it and tell me I'm not as crazy as I think I am.

Posted

I remember when I was in Los Angeles, sometimes I would go at night to the local supermarket and pick up some Ben & Jerry's ice cream. Once, I was standing in line, and a girl behind me started to inquire about the ice cream I was going to purchase. I told her how great the brand is, and she said that she would have to try it herself. Some time later, we met again under the same circumstances, me with my pint of ice cream, and wouldn't you know it, she told me that she had tried it herself at my behest and absolutely loved it. If I knew how to make ice cream, Carol, I think I could bring about world peace.

Posted

When I go shopping it is to be in my own world--don't want to talk to anyone! LOL
So who is crazy????

Posted

@ Jack Mmmm ice cream yummmmmm
Gosh it just goes to show you can change someone's life with your words Jack and even what they buy and eat lol.
@ Martin I'd like to think we are all just a little crazy

Posted

Some people never go mad. What truly horrible lives they must lead.--Charles Bukowski, a quote by which I live my life.

Posted

Carol, I am a little more than just a little crazy--how do you think I have made it through 77 years of life?!?! lol

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

I used to have nice conversations with folks in line as we unloaded our carriages back in Massachusetts, but these mothers down in Connecticut are as rude as all get out and don't never talk to you.

I do talk to myself alot cuz I think out loud sometimes. When I rode the bus in Brockton folks was all the time telling me their troubles. Some I got friendly with as we talked about our days.

The cashiers often ask me what my groceries are, I eat a lot of unusual stuff. The ask about scraple all the time, and the exotic fruits and vegetables I get, and all the ethnic or old-fashioned things I eat cuz they don't know what they are or what to do with 'em.

Amanda_Ameen
Posted

I don't know how you guys can just go up and talk to people. Even when someone randomly talks to me, I get kind of awkward and don't know what to say at all. Lol. I both envy and admire your skill of talking.

Karen_Wright
Posted

Heck Carol, I do it a lot of time too. I think its a lot of fun. So Carol you are not as crazy as you think you are. lol

Posted

When I first came to New York, I understood an unspoken rule that you don't talk to people on the subway. You don't even look at them. You just keep your eyes to yourself and mind your own beeswax. I learned later, though, that it's not true. The people on the subway are just as confused and lost as you are. They're just as human as you are. (Some more, some less, perhaps.) They're just as curious, as flighty, as interesting as you are. You can in fact talk to them. It may not necessarily be a deep conversation, perhaps nothing more than a comment about the results of a political election or annoying train traffic, but they're rearin' to go just as much as you are.

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

Subway cars are quiet as tombs and everyone avoids each others eyes. Well dressed women amuse me if I happen to look in their direction. I am kind a a rough neck and they act like I might rape 'em or something. I laugh in spite of the seriousness of the situation, they got nothing to fear from me, but those hot little jr. execs and mailroom boys would blush if they knew what I was thinking about them.

Posted

I have New Yorkers to be the nicest, friendliest people you will ever meet---because they come from the mid-west! :O)

Posted

The mid west? I don't get it.

Posted

I have never been to the mid west. I'm originally from California though I was born in Rochester, NY.

Posted

I currently reside in Brooklyn, New York, but I am really crazy about Guam, so that is the home of my heart, and when I have the chance, I'm going to end up on my island.

Posted

Living in Brroklyn you have to know most of your neighbors are from St. Louis, Memphis, Kansas City, etc.,
If I were to ever live anywhere else but Fort Lauderdale it would be Memphis, Tennessee or Auckland, New Zealand.

Posted

Most of the people I know here are from Brooklyn or Monsey. The older folks are mainly from the old country, and the fellows at the grocery are from south of the border. Never met any North Dakotans or New Zealanders in my neighborhood.

Posted

Jack you are missing the whole point of the discussion---that most New Yorkers are nice people and not as rude as the reputation they have--by the same token most people you meet are not from NY or have moved there from other places.

Posted

Did I say New Yorkers were rude? I most certainly do believe that I neglected to say that. As I said, the majority of people I know around here are in fact authentic New Yorkers and are no ruder than your typical American. Yeish v'yeish, as they say in Hebrew.

Posted

Actually I find the typical American (including New Yorkers--even from the Bronx) polite. :O)
The rude New Yorker (very seldom from Manhattan or Staten Island) is usually pictured in fiction as one from the Bronx or Brooklyn