Brave-Heart

Labels - Get HAPPY

Posted

I have been GAY since 1948--I have fought for the rights of GAYS up until I was 70 and then 'retired'--I fought for the right to call myself whatever I wanted to and not allowing me to is being a bully--I am a gay man--don't try to take that away from me--it is my generation that has worked so hard so that you could come out-- don't get me wrong--I respect you and what you are doing but you are putting people down by all your rules---as John Rechy said--Being Gay is being free. :O)

Posted

So one of the elders, how nice, yes i agree with your comments, today's generation has never had it so easy!
In our day, well not quite, the 60's onwards had to live in secret, hidden hankie codes, and be careful as the police were discriminate towards the lgbt community, still are in many countries even today, in the uk lesbians were not even bothered about, and bi-sexuals unknown, transsexuals/transgenders, crossdressers drag queens all mentally disabled, and let us not forget the queers, a term that i still feel proud of,and why not, i am not ashamed.
So many come on here and think gays.com,the lgbt community, more bi's here, think most guys to busy elsewhere getting a partner for tonight, ha, that is what gay life is, having fun.
It is nice having equal rights, but in your & my day that did not stop us from doing what we like or any threats.
There is a site on facebook "coming out or showing support " its a site where the kids are asking for help dont think much has changed when you see comments, remember a trans mtf, told his mum she replied "Oh! Good your dad will be so pleased,another girl to abuse " is that what society feels today towards their kids & family, then again maybe i dont understand because i am a parent, transsexual, and queer, maybe that is the answer society is biggoted.

Indiana_Dolly
Posted

Being gay gay isn't just a decision, it's your birthright like any other thing. And most importantly, when you fight for what's righteously yours it shouldn't be taken for granted but instead should be considered as your equal share of responsibility & choice. Not matter your background, educational level, or whatever the case - you're gay! Period!

-Indie-

Posted

Ailean," the 60's onwards had to live in secret," I came out in the '40s--a Gay, Jewish kid in the Bronx!!! I never lived in secret--especially in the '60s when I lived in Miami Beach which was wide open to all and neither in New York where there were 4 public baths, more bars than you could count--in many ways I think we had more freedom when we were more secretive with many signals--you may only know of handkerchiefs but back in the '50s we had tasseled loafers, pinky rings, red ties, etc. Sure the lights flashed in certain bars when a bartender thought a plainclothesman came in so the guys would stop touching each other but in many ways it was a lot of fun.
I have only one thing against same sex marriage--we are following the heterosexual model and they haven't done too good!

Posted

Indie, I agree so if you want to be Gay, be gay--you can be a happy gay--don't know about anyone else but I have been fighting 65 years to call myself Gay and no one is taking that label away from me! :O)

Indiana_Dolly
Posted

Be proud of who you are, Martin! It's all about you.

-Indie-

Posted

And Indie where did you get the idea I'm not proud of who I am--I define myself by being gay even though many gays don't seem to like that idea! LOL

Indiana_Dolly
Posted

Never had that intention of saying you never were, all I'm just saying is be as proud about it, that it makes a difference for people to see it in you. That's it! Yeah? (:

-Indie-

Posted

Look at my first sentence under "Labels"--I don't wear a sign on me saying "I am gay" but everyone knows within 5 minutes---not that I am effeminate but because I tell them--I even do that with telemarketers! LOL

Indiana_Dolly
Posted

True & Agreed!

-Indie-