Chud

I want to be there but can't - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

Okay guys, I was telling you about a boy who was in an open relationship who I like and he has shown that he likes me, well we've spent a considerable amount of time together and ever since Friday (29th March) he has barely text me, well today Monday (1st April) he text me saying 'Sorry I haven't been in touch, my cousin has died of cancer' - when I text him saying how sorry I am to hear that and saying if he needs a chat he knows where I am, and saying I hope he's okay, he just text back with a simple 'Thanks' - now I understand he's grieving and I know a death is a very hard to thing to come to terms with and I really want to help in anyway I can but he's not letting me in, I feel as if he's struggling and I don't want him to feel like he has to deal with this alone, I want to help him.
He hasn't replied to any Skype messages I sent him asking if he's okay and saying I'm here for him
I just hope he texts me when he's feeling somewhat better, I don't want to lose our friendship, I really want to be there for him, but can't... It really sucks!

Christopher_Abitong
Posted

don't think about it too much...people deal with this stuff differently...some turn to support which is comforting...and some want to be left alone with it....in the end he will come back to talk to you and just be ready to give positive energy...

Dave_Mack
Posted

Richard you are acting/thinking its about you. Please understand different people handle grief in different ways. He is not shutting you out. he is shutting EVERYONE out. It is HIS way of handling it. Step back and give him space, In a week or so gently message him you are there if he then wants to talk. I bet by then he will.. Grief is a tough thing. We all handle it differently. Been there. Done that. Time is the best thing right now...

Jerry_Daniels
Posted

Just be hopeful and support him with prayers,am sure he will get back to you.

Posted

show him you care. don't push things when the time is not appropriate. these things always happen at the most inconvenient times, but there will come better days for the both of you.

Posted

Forget it guys... Something serious has just happened...

Dave_Mack
Posted

What happened Rich?

Posted

I've put up another discussion, it explains it there