Chud

Nasty flare up! - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

As you all may already know I have been diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis since February 2011 - and this morning 22/03/13 I had a nasty flare up and had to go to Hospital, I have been discharged but I have been given a strict medication list to take
Everyday starting tomorrow I have to take:
Six Steroids for one week
Then five
Then four
Then three
Then two
Then one
Then stop
Along with the steroids I have to take two Pentasa tablets four times a day
With one calcium tablets two times a day
I also had a blood test and I'm having a phone call from my doctor on Tuesday
And I need another Magic Eye later this year.

Being in that hospital, all I could do was curl up into a ball and rock back and forth, I was scared, I felt like crying, I didn't know what to do.
They squeezed my stomach and said it seemed bloated which I presume is not a good thing?
I thought I was getting better...
But this has set me back another couple of years if not for life
Why does this have to happen?
Remission was so close and it's been cruelly snatched away!
This always happens to me! I get so close to remission and it vanishes, my illness gets worse
I seriously don't know how much more I can take...

bottomboy132
Posted

Take care my friend

Posted

Illness is horrible I wish you lots of luck and I hope the doctors can give you more help and you get on the road to recovery

Posted

God does NOT Give you what you can't Handle you WILL Over come this and it Will make you STRONGER .......... Keep your head up ....... you are in my Prayers ........ xoxoxo ............ Tom

bottomboy132
Posted

Yes thomas but what i have been through the last year i can not handle any more

Posted

Hang in there. While I was going through Chemotherapy, I made little goals throughout the process. Remission may or may not come. Focus on a goal more immediate and closer. Instead of making the goal remission, make the goal not having a flareup today, this week, etcetera then do something to reward your self for each small milestone. Do something for yourself for each week and month you are without a flareup. If you have a flareup, it isn't a failure, yes it is a setback, but you are still working towards remission. One of the strongest tools in your recovery is your mind. Stay positive. Between my mind and Chemotherapy, I have gone from Stage 4 cancer to cancer free. I have been cancer free for a year. I will stay cancer free. I have every confidence that you can do the same with your mind and the medication you are taking.

Dave_Mack
Posted

Chud as bad as you feel right now remember you are a lot better than those in the cemetary. You are alive and every day new cures come along. Has your doctor looks for other places you can be treated? Other ways to treat the disease? I know you are not religious but place all this in the hands of the Almighty whatever you conceive him to be. Trust me you are in my prayers. We should chat soon...

Posted

There is no other way I can be treated than I am currently being treated, Ulcerative Colitis has no known cause therefore no known cure

David_Cloud
Posted

Richard. I want to say that I send my warm friendship and support. I hope that as you appreciate how much and how many people care about you this will make your mental processes feel that much more able to be positive, and if they are positive the body really does take note.

Please let us know as things progress just how you feel and how that body's behaving. Like others, I care a lot about you. David x

Posted

I used to have a friend with that, so I know how rough it is. I wish you good health.