Can two people be in love but not have sexual chemistry? - The Rainbow Lounge

Posted

What do you think? Possible?

Tommy_Storey
Posted

This is called True Friendship ........... Purest sense of the word ..... FRIENDSHIP..

Indiana_Dolly
Posted

Hey,

It's very much possible. To be in love, you don't need any type of 'sexual chemistry'. At least, that's 'true love'. It's only when you actually fall for love, that you'll really see the need for 'sexual chemistry'. Hope you saw the two extremes or extents to which love can be elastically stretched. Of course, from both ways & sides of it; and in the good & bad sense of the terms, obviously.

-Indie-

Posted

I think it's based on how important you think sex is. I don't for example but I'm desperately in love with a special friend of mine and it is reciprocated but sex isn't a part of it, pre-op and all that. I don't know what I'd do if I was left alone, a part of me would die and I'd do anything to keep it. If that's not love, I don't know what is.

gstanescu84
Posted

hmmm sounds interesting. This is exactly what I had with my ex. We hadn't any sexual aspect. Oh but we still called each other boyfriends etc., SO i don't think its a requirement. Perhaps ideally would be nice. But defo not a requeirement. But way beyond "True Friend".

Posted

I suppose the answer to the question lies in the definition of "being in love." There are many different types of love. Sex is a physical expression of love but is not necessary for a healthy relationship. A relationship that relies on sex is faulted.

Posted

@Jack - LIKE LIKE LIKE (caps for excitement...am not shouting)

Summer_Wolf
Posted

Interesting answers. I think most definately you can be in love and not have sexual chemistry. What gets bad or complicated is thinking that you probably should have sex because your not mature enough to realize its not about the sex. I had a best friend. We had sex...we are facebook friends now....I have a new BFF now and we arent gonna have sex no matter how cute and rich this person is...

Posted

I think it is possible. You never know the mysteries of attraction..

Nicole_Smith_64116
Posted

I truly believe that two people can be in love, without having sex, no matter if they're in a serious relationship or are just close friends. (bros)

Amanda_Fischer_64113
Posted

I can only speak on my behalf when I say that I was deeply in love with my ex. At first, I never thought of sex as the most important thing. I wanted to get to know her and that's how I fell in love with her. To me, sex isn't the MOST important thing in a relationship but it does show your love for each other. It all depends on the two whom in a relationship.

Debbie_Dibble
Posted

I have been madly in love without the sex, been madly in love and was denied any sex and was madly in love with incredible sex so....................I really don't believe that true love requires sex to be real. In our world today with nightly hook-ups, one night stands, dens of orgies and such, sex hasn't really maintained it's status as the true or ultimate expression of love in many many years. People often say they love you just to get a piece so..........no sex is just fine, nothing wrong with that!

Ali_Aramesh
Posted

Maybe 'no sex' is possible for lesbians (even perfect), but for gays ... its like ice cream cone without ice cream. But if sex is my first step in a relation then in most cases it means i am whore ( no offense to whores, i worship them ) but in a regular boring relation sex is just not your first step but it must happen soon. If somebody don't agree with me I suggest him keep walking, sex is waiting for you in a step, its just a matter of time.