I'm kinda frustrated. - Love and Romance

An****

Posted

I am a very affectionate person and can be sweet and romantic at times. The problem is I'm very choosy as to who I date and am having trouble meeting girls. There's a lesbian club I kinda want to check out but I have only straight friends and I'm kinda scared to go alone. Any advice?

Posted

Ask one of your straight friends if they would go with you so you won't feel so uncomfortable going alone. Ask till one of them says yes. If I lived near you I would certainly help you out. If no one wants to help you out, try to find a local lesbian group and attend some of their groups and maybe make a friend there who will go with you.

Posted

Nicole, do your straight friends know you are gay? If not and you want to keep your privacy, best not ask one of them to go with you. I really don't think you have much to be afraid of, it's just the matter of getting up the courage and going in by yourself. I know easier said than done. Anyway best of luck!

Posted

Sorry, I forgot to put that part on about whether or not your friends know. I was having a senior moment. Meg is right though. Good luck!!! Thanks Meg for pointing that out

Posted

LOL You're welcome Sharon, I have those moments all to often myself. Have a great weekend.

Posted

Some of my friends know but not all. Actually all the ones that would help me are away at college :-/ but thanks guys i guess I have to try to get the courage to go on my own but that won't be easy lol

Posted

It's not easy Nicole. You just have to do it. I know you'll enjoy yourself once you do. HUGS and have a great weekend.

Posted

Yes Nicole the hardest part is getting up the courage to go, once you get there, bet you'll have a great time, you may even meet someone special, who knows, take care and keep in tuch, we care!

Posted

just get to know someone well before you go anywhere besides the club or a restaurant. JUst like any blind dating or going to any bar alone, beware cause their are nuts everywhere. The down side to going to bars to meet people as many people who go to those places are heavy drinkers. If you enjoy drinking but have control over your life then just be careful with the drug scene. I don't go to bars anymore because I quit drinking but if someone invited me out i would go but not drink. I lost a brother to alcoholism and it does seem to affect almost every family out there. I'm also not saying that you cannot meet someone good and also special out there but just watch how the person you come in contact with and have a connection with runs their own life. You definitely want someone who drinks responsibly and not a party ***. Party ***s usually don't have direction in their lives. Just please be responsible when you drink and have fun. Hey I'm older than most on this site. LOL

Posted

HEY Nicole, did you go, did you have fun, did you meet someone!?

Posted

Ha ha nope haven't had time cause i'm moving and if you've ever moved before you know its a major *** in the ass XP

Posted

Me too, except this time it is good. I'm by myself with my 3 cats and I am loving my new home. Still unpacking and tomorrow (which is soon) I'll be ***ting my bedroom the color I want and my landlord says he doesn't care as long as I pay the rent and don't damage anything. It helps that him and his wife are long-time friends, they are the best. I am so looking forward to starting my life over and being able to do what I want to do when I want to do it. YEAH!!!!!!!

Posted

Hey good for you Sharon, I can't wait to get an apartment of my own so my gf and I can share a place, hey Nicole how is your move going!?

Posted

Ugh i was up all night trying to get this stuff outta the house. Today i'll be moving into my new place and my mom is moving to new jersey. Even though i hate moving with a firey passion i know this change will be good for me