Indiana_Dolly

Being Yourself! - Your WRITES

Indiana_Dolly
Posted

Hi,

Most people id'fy themselves with split personalities, b/c they won't know how to describe themselves; or just generally, be themselves? How often would that happen to you? You definitely can distinguish yourself from others, but how can that make you unique from others? What would, actually? On a serious note, how far would you to id'fy yourself to someone or something w/out, knowingly or unknowingly, degrade yourself? It may have not have happened to you; but for others, they had to go through depression & other forms of relative stress to make a difference of who they really are.

So, I stand out asking: What makes you unique from others? How would you define yourself for who you really are?

-Indie-

Indiana_Dolly
Posted

Hey,

Oh okay, Bethany.

-Indie-

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

I have always had an identity crisis. I am multiethnic and multiracial, I look White, most folks say Irish, but I am Italian, Cape Verdean, Azorean, French, English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Micmac and Capawake. I am what race? I am str8 around some people, gay around others. I am a brother, father uncle, cousin, grandfather, great-grandfather, son, nephew, friend. I speak different languages with different branches of my family. I am a lapsed Catholic, an Atheist, you can't lapse more than that. I am a high school drop out, I graduated high honors in my 40s from community college.

I have lived a very compartmentalized life, blue collar worker, human service professional, volunteer, poet, writer, community organizer, Communist, friend. Lover, ex, rescuer of stray animals, farm boy, city kid, tourist trap townie, manual laborer, professional, AmeriCorps*VISTA, needle exchange advocate, street outreach worker, now disabled by a rare blood disease, and wanting to know the world. A little schizo I admit but that has been my life.

Posted

Wow, Tristram, that's unique! How wonderful, how wonderful!

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

Thanks Jack, I thought folks'd think I was tata na cabeca.

Posted

Nope. You have a very good cabeca. (I assume that word means head, yes?)

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

Yes, if I had me a keyboard with accents there should be a cedilha under the second c to soften it, like the c in my name,