Indiana_Dolly

The LGBT Community Awareness Project! - The Rainbow Lounge

Indiana_Dolly
Posted

Hello People,

It's been a week now that, an idea came up to me & I thought I should share it w/ you all. The idea was based on the fact of, why not produce a documentary on the LGBT Community as a whole & its different specificities that makes it uniquely different from any other type of community. Having to produce this documentary, would just be another way of passing on a positive message to the world and educate them about what we are all about as individuals in such a community; and why not, the community as a whole. Based on that, your feedbacks on how it should it be bought about, if you have any particular question, or just wish to be involved: feel free to keep me informed. In other words, your participation in such a project'd be a great achievement.

P.S.: Your ideas are most welcomed.

-Indie-

Posted

This sounds Great!

Can you share with us some of your ideas, maybe a few specifics of how you envision other members could get involved. I.e. what would they need to do?

This will help everyone have a clearer idea of what their involvement level would be! How much of their time it would take up, etc.

Posted

Sounds like fun. I hope it will involve people from all continents, all genders and all sorts of political, non political and other convictions, including humanist, agnostic and atheist, but most important is that we share love and fun with the world. And as I heard in a song from my country: Let'ś be nice to people who do not behave nicely, because they need it most.

Indiana_Dolly
Posted

Hey,

The interest of producing this project is, spreading the message about the LGBT Community that, most people don't already know; and making them understand that, we are not the bad guys. And also helping the ones that are still closed up in their closets finding a way to be out & proud, and the other extreme of those that already are. In other words, have this project show that it's not easy to be gay in every possible sense of the term, and how our community may be banned in various aspects of the community, but should not be a discriminated minority in general. What I also thought was, how about have everyone send monologues of themselves . That would include all genders of every possible social, political, racial background; or just having an individualist perception of the community as a whole. Everyone's welcomed.

Of course, there'll be a set of questions to answer with a time limit, on which would help people participate. About the timing and questions, there can at least up to at least or between 7-10 questions. Is it too much? Hope not. Or could there be more? I was thinking, for those that aren't in a relationship , they could have not less than 2 minutes of monologue time (1 minute about themselves & sexuality + 1 minute about how your community perceives you & your sexuality). Fair enough, right? For those that are actually in a relationship should have 5 minutes . And yet on the other hand, for those that wish to do it in a group, they have up to or between 6-7 mins of monologue time (describing their sexuality, relationship(s), and way of life).

Anyone of you could help by coming up with some questions that you may think is appropriate, for anyone and everyone to answer. And of course, the best ones would be chosen. It doesn't have to limit itself to 7 or 10, it could be more - it just has to be clean, appropriate & not discriminating. Regarding the time it's going to take for the project, it would depend on how fast, efficient, and productive the reception of everyone's participation is. Other than that, the compiling of everything shouldn't be a problem.

P.S.: If there's any suggestions or comments, feel free to bring them in and see how far it progresses. Thanks!

-Indie-

Posted

Should people use their own language?

Posted

Definitely would like to see a positive portrayal of religious gays. Religion and homosexuality are often pitted against one another, and that is very, very false. They go quite well together actually. Love to see some example of that in the media.

Indiana_Dolly
Posted

Hey,

@Klass: It would highly preferably to have it in English, it'd be less of work doing the translation; while keeping the true essence of the message.
@Jack: Religion & Homosexual have been in hot debates in the past for sure. Well, I just wish & hope I could help bring out the two sides on the spectrum on how far these ideologies can actually equally together or bitterly against each other - in all senses of the terms. Of course, with no regretting sense of bias or judgmental discrimination.

-Indie-

Posted

This is a great project! One that Gays.com would fully support and help out where can. So, Indie, how can we organise this so we can start a trial run...you know, get people going? Can you suggest a few questions to get everyone going?

Perhaps, this will inspire everyone.

I wonder if this would inspire any questions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcdONSoq7EQ&feature=share

Can't wait to see how this project goes!

Indiana_Dolly
Posted

Hey,

@Tara: The questions would definitely be out today! I've been working on them for the last 3 days, and hopeful it works out! The video was quite inspiring! Thanks a lot!

-Indie-

Indiana_Dolly
Posted

Hello People,

I'm SO SO SO sorry about the delay of questions. I'm still working on them till now. Just for the reason that, I just won't want to have them discriminate or be biased against anyone or anything that relates the LGBT Community. And since the country I'm currently living at, is EXTREMELY homophobic, I have managed to have some people help me secretly to work on this project. But for the meantime, I would need to start working with photographs first. This is what I mean.

Every person that describes themselves to be part of the LGBT Community (with the various socio-cultural backgrounds - whether you're single, in a relationship, or just part of a group of people) can send their pictures demonstrating their promotion of the community, in all senses of the term. Which would just mean that, if you're single, how would your picture help should your contribution or promotion of the LGBT Community? Plus if you're in a relationship, how does your relationship help promote the good side of the community? And how does each partner's contribution make the relationship unique? And not to forget the group of people representing a same gender identity: how do you (as a group) help make the community a better place? In other words, how does each individual bring out about their contribution to make you guys uniquely different - yet demonstrating your participation in the LGBT Community?

P.S.: Hope I didn't leave out anyone or anything. If so, make sure you include yourself(ves) and answer the questions. Trick is: It has to be done through pictures. Thanks guys! Let's the fun begin!

-Indie-

Posted

I like this! I think this is a great idea. So, just to be clear, members would need to send photos showing how they promote the LGBT community. And these photos would answer the following questions? Or would you require the answers to be spoken (video).

I've written out the questions to present in a more clearly formatted way:

If you're single, how would your picture help should your contribution or promotion of the LGBT Community?

If you're in a relationship, how does your relationship help promote the good side of the community? And how does each partner's contribution make the relationship unique?

Group of people representing a same gender identity: how do you (as a group) help make the community a better place?

How does each individual bring out about their contribution to make you guys uniquely different - yet demonstrating your participation in the LGBT Community?

Indiana_Dolly
Posted

Hey,

@Tara: The pictures will be used to introduce the project, and the videos would then be used as the main content of the documentary. Hope it answered your question(s)!

-Indie-

Pooja_Pandey
Posted

T2india Travel Agency in India offer discount on Golden Triangle Travel Packages, India Adventure Tour Packages, Kerala backwaters tour packages, Buddhist tours packages, Ayurveda yoga tour packages, India tour and travel packages, Malaysia Tour Packages, Singapore Tour Packages http://www.t2india.com/

Indiana_Dolly
Posted

Hey Pooja,

Thanks for your offer! (:

-Indie-