community - The Rainbow Lounge

Posted

some day i would hope their will be a community of LGBT but their is not one today they try to say their is, but when it comes down to it . lesbians want nothing to do with trans women and so the divide is here. some day i hope love for a person is not based on body parts but the heart of a individual. cant wait to come before Jesus and be held in his arms and hear the words i love you. because here on earth you hear those words they dont mean nothing by those saying it, because here on earth it really means what can i get from you! if i cant get what i want then i dont love you no more. and i believe that is not gods way he wants us to love to are fullest and when we struggle their is someone to wrap there arms around you and just hold you!

by Danielle Severson

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

I was horrified when I got out in the community and found that gay men hated lesbians and vice versa. We are in this together but lack cohesion. I like a lot of lesbians, because each one, as a person, is likable. I am hurt when lesbians reject me for just being male, and gay, and for being who I am, a butch in jeans and a flannel shirt. They resent that if they are man haters, but I am not a man, I am a person.

Posted

well i suppose thats true in some parts of the world, there will always be differences, but to me hate is too strong a term, and gay guys are nice, as are girls that are lesbians, and as for transsexuals, well what is it some crudely say, chicks with dicks, mental cases, sissies, well thats crap, but its only tags, like many on this site, i have seen them say and state gay or lesbian, and at some point it comes out really bi-sexual, or straight and married, who cares, as long as their respectful and support lgbt human rights thats fine.
You know there is one group that most of the lgbt community is discriminate too, the straight community, its still discrimination, and until we have w/wide equality in human rights it will the status quo.
Me i love wearing my tight jeans and knee high boots, dont care of the looks i get either, it dont matter to me, but to see our community at its best go to pride events, as for anything else online, its not the same, last year i met 3 from this site in real life, a nice lesbian girl, a transsexual, and a gay guy, and the gay guy well i will see him at leeds pride again this year, he is a great guy, and he does not show any dislike or hate, rather the opposite, and amongst the girls on our group is trusted and liked amongst us.
Tristram, i remember your comment, please stop sharing all these guys, i am a person, yes huni, saw that one, had a laugh with that, a friend once asked me to post pics of guys, i said i could not, as i knew the lesbian groups and pages, suggested him, and he agreed, and thats what we did in lgbt mafia on facebook, susans group.
Danielle, love for our kind will always be differcult but not impossible, its only amongst our own kind we can find someone, in the lgbt group i go too, there are a number of transsexuals, and crosslynk is there too, some nice gay guys, and a few lesbians, we all work together in the group, and its a nice group, so at least not all my activity is online, so that may be a way you can find someone danielle

Scot_Morris
Posted

such is life,each group wants to show its superiority to the other but that's not the way we should go about this cause it only bring more division among us. am a bisexual and loves both gays and lesbians cos we all belong to same community but if u want me to be yours and yours alone then u hav to prove to me that its not just about you but about us.

Flash632
Posted

I agree with you Danielle. "God is love and we who live in love live God and God lives in us" from John's espisil and without labeling, name calling just in love. Patrick

Posted

GOd loves everyone, and it is our obligation to emulate Him. I know so many people who love everybody--so long as everybody is the same as they are. That is not love. That is hypocrisy, and it frustrates me to tears sometimes because children are also taught to think that way. My kids will know that it is not ok to judge somebody who is different or belongs to a particular group but to look at each person as an individual and understand each person on an individual basis. That is what I am trying desperately to teach myself and to pass onto my daughter and son.

Flash632
Posted

Hi Jack, We are asked to love God and love our neighbor as we love ourselves, these are the two greatest commandments. Not that everyone will love us back to the same degree but we are called by God to love everyone, even our enenmies, especially those who hate us, dispise us. This seems contradictory and it is hard to love someone who hates me/us. Patrick

Posted

i dont really want a fight over something that to me is only a book of morals, otherwise its fiction, so where does that leave the 24 commandments, Oops sorry forgot moses accidently broke some , and jesus changed there definations, and to the church the agnostic bible never was written, and the son of god did not go off to egypt and have a family !
So its how we see life and what we accept as a fair standing of moralities, 2 guys or girls, or transsexuals kissing is not disgraceful, i have no problem, just as i hope they would not be upset if i kissed in public any of you guys, thats what is important.
And sometime those that hate us, well they have the same feelings, they are in denial, only a free and equal world, will mean that all will be free, but then i dont have to go far to see hate, orange lodge halls not far away, same with catholic church, and if i go out with a skirt on, the tongues start to wag, its a scandal, in fact its prehistoric, there like dinosaurs over here, at least my kids are not bigotted as some are, and its getting better all the time.

Posted

Patrick, it is difficult to love and to forgive. It is an ideal, but it is something that frees us the more we strive for it. It makes us more human and more real.

Indiana_Dolly
Posted

When you forgive, you give. And when you forget, you get. So this is how the equation goes: You forgive to forget. In others words, you give to get. So whatever it is that's troubling you, should just be another way for you to reflect back on what you intend to give as a positive remark; and what you'll get back in return should be greater than what you expected to receive.

-Indie-

Posted

Indie: you say forgive is giving its not just an expression that there words and activities dont hurt you but it does as for forget never will happen in scotland last year the church groups of different faiths said that all in lgbt community were evil what right allows that, we are not allowed that privilege but at least stonewall gave cardinal keith Obrien bigot of the year award, since then it has come out that inappropriate behaviour happened in his past, but he has chosen his side, now let him live with it,forgive but never forget.
a final point originally i was destined for the church, what stopped that was my sexuality at that time not many female preists, even though the docs changed me gender was still designated female not male, thank god
as for keith i met him through cnd,and became friends but not for sex,rather for fun,the rest is private between us

Indiana_Dolly
Posted

I definitely appreciate your point of view Ailean. I don't see why Religion should be a reason for you to hide your sexual ID. I understand that they may be restrictions forcing you to do that, but it shouldn't make you weaker. Instead, it should encourage you bring a different perspective about yourself to your community. Nothing else! Hope it helped!

-Indie-

Posted

Thanks indie,dont think i am weak, i know about 300 on here and they know me some on facebook first knew me on here after that incident on here where me & june blocked each other and conversation was open in rainbow lounge where i.demanded to be removed she said that was the only way to communicate on here proved otherwise sent her an email, you have to understand i have an edicted memory things written are remembered by me.
This site is one i like as is some of the people and i came out on here and fb linked to here, now in that year with some manoeuvres, at any time become a ghost again, just like my status on facebook, because although some family know most dont care.
Even new docs have my med files and meds sorted although when attending clinic its at w/end and evening and has accepted status _on file Tgirl,so no going back, but at least i am free to be myself, look like a guy except when naked not a guy

Indiana_Dolly
Posted

You're Welcome, Ailean!

-Indie-

Posted

Definitely, Indie, religion is not as closed minded as people might have you believe. There are just closed minded interpretations.

Indiana_Dolly
Posted

Agreed, Jack!

-Indie-