Moral Dilema - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

Hey guys, I've been putting these in Rainbow Lounge but as there's a few more of you here, thought I'd put this out there to you all as well.

Moral Dilema - What would you do?

You and your friend are stranded on an island. Unfortunately, you are both fatally ill. It just so happens that you have an antibiotic that can cure your illness. Sadly enough, there is just enough antibiotic to save only one person. How could you and your friend choose which one of you will take the antibiotic? Do you think that either person who takes it will, or should, feel guilty for the other person dying, although if neither of you take it, you will both die?

What would you do?

Dave_Mack
Posted

Why not split the medicine in 2 so that both could take it and have a chance to live??

Posted

Now I take it you both are in love correct, if so give it all to your dying partner , between the 2 of you ,you have created fond lasting moments together gone thru ups n downs , in your heart you allready no whats to be done have your partner take it ,and then that individual will know for ever what love is truley about. that my opinion

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

The other person gets the antibiotic since I have a lot of severe medical problems and will only sick until I die with out my insulin, digoxin and Procrit, among the other 20 meds I am on.

Posted

If your friendship is very strong then you would both want to save each other, knowing full well that there was only enough antibiotic for only one of you to survive whichever one of you took the antibiotic would possibly feel guilty for the rest of there life and always be asking the question why was it decided for me to take the antibiotic and not my friend and this guilt could possibly tear the survivor apart, due to this I feel there would be a strong likelihood that you would both eventually decide that neither of you would take the antibiotic and you would end up comforting each other the best you could during what brief time you had left together.

Posted

If the other person had more friends on facebook, I'd take the antibiotic. If I had more friends on gays.com, I'd give him the antibiotic, and I'd swim for safety.

Thatkideddy
Posted

Thats a hard question. It would be bitter sweet either way

Dylan_Pascoe
Posted

Well, in that case it all comes down to a decision on who is the most suited to survive on the island once they're better. For example, in the absence of food, will the person chosen to live eat the dead person or choose to starve?

In cases with too much emotional baggage and other questions like this, I tend to revert to finding the person who will most likely survive should they be allowed to live. What's the use in surviving the disease only to die from exposure or because you can't find food?

As it had been said before, though, it'll be terrible either way.

Joe_Jaggers
Posted

I would give my friend the antibiotic, and then tell them to sex me to death so that I die with a smile on my face and they suffer no guilt.

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

that's a great attitude, go with a smile!