Roman_James

Finding Love in the Mirror - Your WRITES

Roman_James
Posted

In this world, everyone wants to be found and loved. I, on the other hand, want to stay in the present and stay aware. I see my life full of peace, harmony and happiness. These things can’t be seen because it’s all inside, emotionally and mentally. I feel more sensitive to my surrounding and my response is calm and cool because I’m not looking for “the man of my dreams”. If I were to looking for love now, I’d forget everything I want to be or who I have built. I know it is there because I can feel it. There is no self-doubt, it’s like seeing a sunrise and you feel everything; the blood running through your veins, the breeze, and the earth beneath your feet. Finding love is like finding a needle in a haystack. That’s how I see it, but the way I see it is taking that haystack and make something of it, taking the time to make happiness of the obstacle and not making it difficult than it already is. Why look for that needle? It’s easy by common sense to acknowledge the challenge and do something besides wasting your life looking for something that might not be there in the first place. It’s a rude way of looking at it, but you hear it every day in movies, books, from friends and family: “Don’t go looking for it; it will come to you eventually. During that time while you wait, do something that makes you feel good about you.” There is a reason why we all hear it. Make your own happiness with what you’ve got or can get because, again you hear this, too, life is too short. I found my love already and it was beautiful, young, and innocent. There was just peace; no angry, no jealousy, and no pain. Sometimes, not all the time, it gets pretty lonely and there are days I wish I had someone. You might be asking, “Well, how do you deal with it, the loneliness?” I just remind myself that I can cope with it. I just cope with it and I tell myself to be myself because I’m free. I have time to make myself a good person. I know who I am, what I like, what I want, what I can do and will not do because I don’t have to. I can control my own destiny. No one else can do that. I say be ready, stay mindful, but not for that love to come into your life. Be conscious because if it isn’t love, its friends who can come into your life and be ideal or kind or the key to joy. Mistakes are always made, but what everyone should do is learn from them and not let these mistakes take over your life. A mistake is part of growing up. We are always growing up, always learning, and always defining yourselves to be an individual, not based on what someone else wants you to be.

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

An interesting essay of self, more power toyou.

Roman_James
Posted

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Posted

Self-examination is always important. After all, you have yourself to live with before you have anyone else to live with.

Roman_James
Posted

I thought it would help someone yet at the same time i wanted to share what i knew.

Posted

Rely on yourself. If you rely on others, they don't always stick around, but you always have to live with yourself, so if you're not there for yourself, you're up the river.

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

I always have.

Posted

Good choice, Tristram.

Tristram_Goncalves
Posted

Never had a lot a choice.

Indiana_Dolly
Posted

- Three things cannot be long hidden: (1) The Sun, (2) The Moon, & (3) The Truth.

- Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.

- Find someone who can change your life, and not just your relationship status.

- A goal without a plan is just a wish.

- We all want to be different, which makes us all the same.

- Be the type of person you want to meet.

- At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life.

- It ain't what they call you. It's what you answer to.

- I'm proud of my heart. It's been played, stabbed, cheated, burned, and broken, but somehow still works.

- Lesson of time: KARMA. When a bird is alive...It eats ants. When the bird is dead...Ants eat the bird. Time and Circumstances can change at any time. Don't devalue or hurt anyone in life. You may be powerful today. But remember; time is more powerful than you! One tree makes a million match sticks...Only one match stick is needed to burn a million trees...So, be good and do good.

-Indie-

Posted

Thanks for sharing, Indie.

Indiana_Dolly
Posted

It's a pleasure, Jack!

-Indie-

Posted

Where do you find all your good quotes?

Indiana_Dolly
Posted

From lessons, I took time writing down. I have all them in a small notebook. In other words, from people who taught me all along - there are small quotes they always leave behind that I note down. If you wish, I could inbox them to you. I won't mind sharing them.

-Indie-

Posted

I used to have a little book of quotes someone once gave me as a present. I have a few quotes I still love, two of which are my own and the others of which (save one) are already on my fb profile.