Chud

Same sex marriage legalised in the United Kingdom! - Gay Guys! <3

Posted

As it says in the title - MPs tonight 5th February 2013 voted in a landslide majority to legalise same sex marriage within the UK - Gay marriage is now legal within all of the UK - AT LAST!
400 voting yes
175 voting no
People we have won!
The UK is FINALLY moving forward - I am so happy that I can now get married to whomever I want regardless of their gender!

Jose_Fernandes-Dias
Posted

good England... it was time!

Dave_Mack
Posted

That is Excellent. Now if only we can get it nationwide here in the US. Maybe now IF you can Ben can work things out....

Posted

I followed the parliamentary discussion throughout, and I'm glad it's finally been passed. As said, the time had came. While the UK may not have been the first country to legalise same-sex marriage, it's certainly set a precedent for other countries who haven't followed suit to do so.

So I'm happy about this; far more so for others in the community than myself, though. It doesn't matter so much to me, personally, but I've always supported the bill throughout on behalf of the people it does matter to and that the law was hindering - family, friends and liberal denominations such as the Quakers and Unitarians.

We've finally won, and I hope this is a sign of more progressive legislation to come!

Posted

United Kingdom!
That is NOT just England
Wales
England
Scotland
Northern Ireland!

Dennis_Mix
Posted

Glad to hear that good for you all.Hope we do the same.

Alfawolf

colin58
Posted

Best thing since they invented sliced bread about time too.

Posted

well congrdulations you are one step closer to being equal in your own country,home and hearts--cheers to you our fellow brothers and sisters--from our community in Canada to you and yours in wales,england,scotland and northern irelandlets ..lets all gather together for one big hug. god speed xo oooooooooooooooooooooooo

Posted

I know the feeling it's been legal in Canada since 2008. Wellcome aboard, now if only the french and the americans can folllow suit

Tommy_Storey
Posted

It is Great to know that we are at long last
makeing Progress in the right direction ......

Mark_McHugh
Posted

Still not in Australia

Tommy_Storey
Posted

Just give it some more time ...... I am shure that
it will come, to Australia, one day ..........