Advice for a young guy - Bi Bi Bi Women

Hey Ladies, I just want a second opinion on this. I like this girl since high school. Ironically, her dad crashed into my mom's car on the second week of me going into grade 9. From then on, we've been involved in some of the same extra-curricular activities and other stuff. I'm not much of a talker in person so I haven't actually told anything about me liking her.

So fast forwarding... We just graduated and we started to have small talks now and then but never escalated more than that. I have a feeling she likes me but don't want to ask in case she thinks I'm some desperate person.

Well now we're both off at different universities and we never talked since our graduation ceremony.

Just recently she added me on another social networking site. She added me at around 12:45am (well past midnight). As a girl doing something at this hour, should I believe that she's somewhat interested or bored? She's also smart and more like me too.

We're both 18 so I don't want to speed things up. Then again, I don't even know if there is something here that's being "more than just a friend." I think I should wait because she usually starts the conversation.
Any advice girls?

- Mr. Optimistic