I do not understand why you have to be gay or christain and you cannot be both - The Gay Christian Network

Posted

I am both Gay and Christain. I know that may seem as a weird combination but I am. I believe that God sent his only son down to Earth, named Jesus, in order to save us. And I am also a lesbian. People say that being gay is against my religion but so is judge people and putting anything above God and if you feel like you have the right to judge me and my family then you must be saying that you are God or higher then him. It is also a seen to covent or lust but how many of us have looked in a magazine and taught oh he/she is cute or looked and been like I want that. We are al sinners and we are born that way and we will die that way. I am not on here to make anyone change their opinion because it is your life and you get to live it how you see fit. I am just saying do your research and make your own opinion. Love or do not believe in God but do it after you know what it is you are loving or hating

Posted

Hi Sister Shannon, I hope this helps you explain better to people that Jesus came for the lost, excluded, marginalized and outcast of society in this one film. We can only hope.

.Official "Fish out of Water" film trailer . http://youtu.be/sU2hWgu_uGE

I understand this that at some point you will get tried of trying to explain yourself to everyone who feels as though you owe them one, and then it hits you, it's their problem not ours, and life is short to short to have to stop and explain this or that, if you really tried that, you would prolly have no time left for life, loving and living.

My favorite response is just this "I do not now or ever have nor ever will in the future need to answer to you!"

I hope this helps somehow.

Debbie_Dibble
Posted

Yep that helps me a great, especially that last response in regards to Christian family members when I finish my trip out of the closet!

Thanks
((((((SquishyHug))))))

Posted

Girl I have a million of them It comes handy when you've grown up in abusive environment&gt Here are some of my "Andres"

"Why do you even think I need your permission to be happy?"

"You can think what ever you want. I am sure God will decide in the end who and what is right and wrong, and I am sure He really doesn't need your help!"

"O my! I am sorry, that you've just found out that the universe doesn't conform to what you think it should and ought to be! You'd be surprise at the diversity of life and to the best of my knowledge, God never create one of anything, which includes but not limited to; Trees, flowers, fish animals, stars, suns moons, and even among the races there are differences, so please explain to me why on earth would you believe that such a God of diversity would simply just stop, at one kind of sexual being when even in nature he didn't do that!

"I am here because God wills it! To say that He made a mistake or that I am wrong, takes away from the fact that He is God and you nor I are not!".

1 Corinthians 13 (New International Version)

13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

"Let your love light the way of the dark and foreboding hearts, for each of us is a child of the most high for we are love". ~Me

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Corinthians+13&version=NIV

Posted

Dear Shannon
You make a lot of sense in what you say. God made us in Her/His image, I think that's pretty good and all we can do is to get on with life so that we can be helpful in a myriad of ways to other people that we meet. Generally speaking, the church does not know how to handle sexuality. It has problems no matter if a person is heterosexual or homosexual. In many cases, a person is expected to leave their sexuality outside the door of the church. Well, God designed us with sexual feelings and we should only need to live by His Truth which is in us. In an absolute sense, gender really doesn't come into it. We are encouraged to 'love' in all of its ways. Be WHO you are and know that the Spirit of God is in you.

As to what is 'sin' and what is not? Supposed 'sin' is just an opportunity to do better. Sexuality is not in the 'sin' category, it's how we are 'wired' from birth. The church often misses this point. 'Sin' to me is a very elusive term used by many church people to describe something they have difficulty with and it's different for each of us. Morals are different from person to person too and we have no right to try to force our morals onto someone else. Do your absolute best with a clear conscience and with the knowledge of who made you and me.

Liz_Duffy
Posted

John has a point. When I had problems with my sexual urges I didn't get help from my church they just frowned at me and made me feel guilty for even looking at a man. They believed that there are no ifs or buts it just is. If I told my old church that I am bi then they'll say bye and cut me off not wanting to talk to me again and discourage others to do so yet they dont keep in contact with me now.

There was always one rule for some and another rule for others. A man admitted to looking at me in a sexual way and when I told them because it was me and that my sisters had chilren outside of marriage they assumed I led hi on. They ordered me no to wear revealing clothing though I cover up as much as I can anyway. This wasn't the first. I told them of a man lusing for niece who was 10 at the time and they did nothing.

Every church has a problem mine was they couldn't handle anything to do with sex let alone sexuality which they are against.

I believe we should love first and let people be. We answer to God no one else

Debbie_Dibble
Posted

@andre: hey, thanks for those. I've actually memorized a couple but would like to memorize a few more. Thank you!

Posted

Debbie, you'll have to wait for the book! Just joking! You are a quick lass I am sure that you can be just as gifted. The thing to do is to know what to say when someone says this or that. Think of someone saying something ugly to you then think of a response, and remember it. Oftentimes, people have actually stop in their footsteps to pause and process what I have said. This can actually save your life. As it did mine when someone tired to rob me at the beach 2:30 am. He's like in my face shouting (Something I've grown used to so it really didn't have the shock value he wanted to have!) He said "Give me all your money MF. I responded with the same volume, FK U! Do you SEE any stores open at this time of night? What fool would bring money to the beach where it can get lost in the sand?!" As it was trying to figure out just what it was that I said and how IT did make sense, I was half way down the beach going up to the boardwalk to dial 911. All four people were arrested, the two men were armed, one with a gun and the other with a knife (For people who threaten me with knives and such, I just say to them, "Give it your best shot, I have AIDS, so you've been warned" generally they walk away not liking the prospect of being infected.

Posted

Liz. I was a very late starter in life (no thanks to the church) and I am quite an experienced organist/church musician. When I found that my desires were rather different from the church's silly ideas on sexuality, it was mentioned to the senior pastor by my now ex-wife. I'd had a lot of experience in the fundamentalist way of thinking and it was no real surprise to me when he told me over the telephone that as I wanted to follow a gay lifestyle that he could not have me playing the church organ, "as it might affect the children". Those were his exact words and I never went back into that brand of church. Instead, it allowed me to stand back and take a long hard look at what I believed and how i expressed what I believe. I've now been playing in another church for several years where there is no dogma, no ritual, lovely supportive people who don't care what your sexuality is, no do's or don'ts, I don't have to play crappy old music that's out of the ark and I know that my efforts are appreciated weekly. I even get applause at the start and the end of every service. Am I a happy kid, you bet!

Debbie_Dibble
Posted

@andre: I love it! I always think of things after the fact and since my baby and I are getting together I need to practice now. Because whether we're at her home in OR or here in redneck Hayfork, I need to have smart thought provocing answers like yours instead of being so defensive to hurt someone. Thanks for always being an inspiration dude. Keep up the good fight.